With the departure of its Artistic Director Dr. Willy Tsao in December 2019, the Board of City Contemporary Dance Company, Hong Kong’s first professional contemporary dance company, is seeking candidates interested in the position of Artistic Director.
Where: Hong Kong
Deadline for applications: 26th November 2019
Together with the Managing Director and the Director of CCDC Dance Centre, the Artistic Director is one of the top three executives in CCDC. Reporting to the Board of Directors, he or she is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision of the Company, and for making major artistic decisions relating to the development of the Company based on its success in the past 40 years.
• To conceive, develop and implement artistic programmes to realise the vision and missions of the Company;
• To lead and manage the Artistic Department to ensure continual top-notch team performance in a creative working environment;
• To further develop the Company’s strength in reflecting Hong Kong’s cultural identity, and to enhance its international image through regional collaboration;
• To discover, recruit and develop choreographers and dancers to nurture new talents;
• To create and implement development strategy with the Managing Director and Director of CCDC Dance Centre
• To create at least one new artistic work in each dance season;
• To represent the Company in networking with funding bodies, local and overseas partners, sponsors, professionals in the dance sectors and other artistic disciplines;
• To advise on the CCDC Dance Centre’s education and outreach programmes in conjunction with the Director of CCDC Dance Centre and Assistant Artistic Director (Education).
The ideal candidate should be an inspiring leader and team player with vision and passion in strengthening CCDC’s position as a prominent international cultural institution. He or she should possess the following:
• A portfolio of works of high artistic quality, and extensive knowledge of the international contemporary dance scene;
• The ambition to nurture young artistic talents;
• A strong local and international network with which to share the CCDC vision and missions;
• The ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly changing environment;
• The readiness to work in irregular working hours since frequent travels are required;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and proficiency in Chinese is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested parties are invited to send a full CV and a cover letter stating
1) reasons for applying
2) present and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 26th November 2019. All enquiries and applications will be handled in strict confidence, and unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after the recruitment process is completed.
For further information, please visit http://ccdc.com.hk/en