Tanzpunkt Hannover e.V. will award two one – week residencies to contemporary dance artists based in the EU with a solo choreographic work.
Where: Hanover, Germany
When: The designated time period will be one of the following two weeks: Residency 1: June 19 – June 25 (2023); Residency 2: June 26 – July 2 (2023).
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2023
Topics can be freely selected and the studio is available to the selected artists for one week for open-ended research and material development. Furthermore, a fee of 600€/person, travel expenses (of up to 150€) and accommodation will be offered.
As invited resident dancer/choreographer you will be asked to offer one class to the local dance community. You can freely choose the structure and topic focus of the class (e.g. an improvisation class on your own research topic, a repertoire class on your own material or the testing of ideas with several dancers). In addition, you will have the opportunity to show your work in progress developed during the residency at an open stage in Hanover.
We look forward to open applicants (m/f/d) who are interested in getting to know the Tanzpunkt community in Hanover and making new contacts in addition to their choreographic work.
– Dance studio/studio stage for free use during one week.
– Free accommodation for the invited dancer / choreographer (apartment for one person).
– Travel expenses of up to 150 Euros per person.
– Dancer’s subsidy of 600 Euros per person (including taxes).
– The opportunity to show your work in progress at an open stage in Hanover.
– A wonderful local dance community looking forward to meeting you!
Please only apply if a total of 150€ travel costs are enough considering your current place of residence.
The studio is approximately 130 squaremeters big and equipped with sprung floor, dance carpet, a mirror (that can be closed with a curtain), a PA-System, wifi, airfilters, showers and sanitary facilities as well as a small kitchen.
The dance studio can be turned into a „black box“ with black curtains on each wall.
The residencies are funded by S-HannoverStiftung and the Ministerium der Wissenschaft und Kultur Niedersachsen. Photocredits: Laura Schepers.
How to apply:
We can only accept applications from dancers/choreographers with a place of residence and work permit in the EU.
Required application documents:
1. An email in which you briefly describe your motivation, e.g. how the residency at Tanzpunkt Hannover would benefit your professional and artistic career.
2. Please also send a link to a video of max. 5 min (only Youtube and Vimeo will be considered). The video should include already existing material of your research topic, if available, otherwise improvisation-material on the topic or previous choreographic material.
3. One electronic file (PDF format) including the following documents:
Description of the project/concept (max. 1 page)
Curriculum vitae (CV)
Important: Please note your preferred week of residency and name in the subject line of your email as follows:
For June 19 – June 25, 2023: subject line “SOLO Residency 1, full name”
For June 26 – July 2, 2023: subject line “SOLO Residency 2, full name”
If you are flexible during the whole period: subject line “SOLO Residency flexible, full name”
Costs for participants: The application process is free of charge for all applicants.
Please send your application documents by email to: email@example.com.
For further information about Tanzpunkt Hannover e.V. here: www.tanzpunkthannover.de or on Instagram: www.instagram.com/tanz.hannover/
For more RESIDENCIES, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/residencies/