Messums Wiltshire are looking for two emerging choreographers to each present two of their choreographic creations as part of the Festival of Dance in July 2023.
Where: Messums Wiltshire, Place Farm, Court St, Tisbury, United Kingdom SP3 6LW
When: 15-19 July 2023
Deadline for applications: 1 December 23:59
4X20 is a choreographic platform supporting emerging choreographers, founded by Messums Wiltshire in 2022.
The organisation provides two emerging choreographers with a commission and support to re-rehearse an existing piece and develop a second one, all to be presented at the Festival of Dance in 2023. In addition, the award provides access to support networks, crucial for sustainable future careers of the artists.
To apply, you must:
● Be over 18 years old
● Be based in the United Kingdom
● Have at least 1 year of professional experience working in the dance industry, preferably in the role of a choreographer/assistant choreographer/rehearsal director/director or other similar roles
● Have previously presented choreographic work (live or digital) nationally or internationally
● Be available for all engagement dates
● Be able to present 2 pieces of choreographic work:
– The chosen choreographers will be expected to present one piece of their previously created work and to develop a new piece utilising the commission provided by Messums.
– Both pieces must be 10-20 minutes in length and include no more than 4 dancers.
– Open to all styles of dance.
Engagement dates: 15-19 July 2023
Engagement location: Messums Wiltshire in Tisbury, Salisbury
The offer includes:
● £3500 commission for preparation leading up to the performance
● Additional financial support for 1 week of rehearsal space
● 3 days of rehearsal space at Messums Wiltshire and production support in preparation for the performance
● Lighting Designer support in preparation for the performances and at the venue
● Performance on 18th of July at Messums Wiltshire, Barn Stage
● Networking event with potential sponsors and partners after the performance
● Accommodation, travel and per diems organised and paid in full for the choreographer and their cast by Messums Wiltshire
The chosen artists will be expected to:
● Lead one community workshop at Messums Wiltshire
● Utilise the provided rehearsal space
● Prepare to present two pieces of work
● Manage and direct their cast
● Participate in the after-show Q&A and supper with guests
● Communicate efficiently with Messums to agree on all logistics and prepare for the week in Wiltshire
● Work with Messums marketing team and support marketing activities on social media
How to apply:
To apply, please fill in this application form by 1 of December 2022, 23:59:
Application Deadline 1 of December 2022 23:59
Successful applicants will be contacted by 11 of December 2022
Interviews will be held online between 12-21 December 2022
For further information, please visit https://messumswiltshire.com/exhibitions/performance-festival-of-dance/
For more OPEN CALLS, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/open-calls/