The national dance company of Malta, ŻfinMalta Dance Ensemble, is looking for a Digital Content Creator. The chosen candidate will be engaged on a six-month contract for service with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon satisfactory performance and funding. S/he will be expected to work approximately 10 to 12 hours per week and remuneration will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and technical expertise. Payment will be processed monthly on receipt of an invoice with a valid VAT number. Telecommuting is possible.
Where: Mediterranean Conference Centre, Valletta, Malta (telecommuting is possible)
When: November / December 2017 onward
Deadline for applications: 31st October, 2017
- Design and develop social media assets for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and other emerging social media channels.
- Responsible for creative production to include animations and short video formats as well as static content.
- Provide onsite presence for events, media appearances, promotions and celebrity appearances for content building and live social media engagement.
- Develop, execute and leverage mobile and social media efforts to grow market share and expand awareness.
- Oversee production and implementation of all social campaigns.
- Moderate all user-generated content.
- Lead efforts in the planning, development and implementation of social media strategies, editorial calendars and concept ideation to stimulate and disrupt social norms while maintaining the company brand’s tone and voice.
- Support advertising team to ensure alignment between digital and traditional media communications.
- Liaise with team to ensure all localised activities are represented on regional social media.
- Familiar with cultural organisations and, ideally, with dance or art-related forms.
- Must possess approximately 2 years or more of any combination of experience and/or education in communications, social media, or marketing industries.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Previous work with apps or programs that create engaging social content (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Splice, Meme Creators, Typorama).
- Photography/Video/Content Creation experience.
- Prior experience leading high-profile social programs.
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels and departments of an organisation.
- Fluent in emoticon and a master of IG/Snapchat filters.
- Can identify and photograph/record a “social media moment.”
- Knowledgeable of social media strategies used by other local and/or international dance companies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.