Voice Movement Integration & Expression
For actors, singers, dancers, public speakers and anyone interested in enhancing their use of embodied voice in the moving body.
When: 27 – 31 July, 2017 – 5 day course
Where: Roccatederighi – Tuscany – Italy
This course centers on training that develops skills connecting voice, movement, physical repatterning and improvisation. These approaches are complementary and use physical awareness and active movement as a source for understanding the voice as a whole body experience.
These skills are then applied to Vocal Dance and improvisation to enliven and broaden the creative process
Classes are taught in English from 10am – 17:00 daily.
- Practicing Active Breath to integrate breathing with movement and sound.
- Engaging the fluidity of weight in the body through vocal resonance and vibration combined with actively moving in space.a
- Experiencing the anatomy of the voice as a whole body experience through vocal & physical practices exploring the skeletal, organ & fluid systems.
- Using the voice directly with movement in hands on practice & physical repatterning.
- Developing lively, full expression through voice & movement improvisation structures combining vocal, physical, visual and temporal elements in solo, duet and ensemble interaction.
Patricia Bardi is a dance/voice artist, bodywork specialist, licensed natural health practitioner (BATC) and registered somatic movement therapist (ISMETA) who teaches and performs throughout Europe and the USA. She maintains a private practice working with children and adults in Amsterdam. She has developed and teaches Organ Rebalancing, an accredited postgraduate advanced bodywork training. For 25 years, she conducts the VMI Somatic Practice Certification Program, centered in Amsterdam also accredited by ISMETA & KTNO.
Roccatederighi – Tuscany – Italy
Roccaederighi is a medieval village set in beautiful rural Tuscany, an hour from Siena and near the sea. The timeless beauty of the area, rich in Etruscan & Renaissance art, creates an atmosphere that inspires creative exploration and the widening of our imagination. By direct contact with nature & welcoming people habits brought from city living slowly melt away.
How to apply
Let us know your interests in joining this workshop.
For further information and registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs for participants
Course Fee (excl. accommodation): EUR 550
Early Registration (pay before 01 June): EUR 450
Group reservation (min. 3) EUR 500 p.p.
For further information, please visit http://www.patriciabardi.com/workshops/the-rocca-project/