The Institute of Dance Arts (IDA) are looking for a personality with proven qualifications in contemporary dance, contemporary repertoire or own choreographic work and partnering.
Where: Linz, Austria
When: October 1st, 2022
Deadline for applications: February 26th, 2022
Employment level: 11 hours of teaching per week (50% of full employment)
– Duration of employment: initially limited to three years; in case of positive evaluation permanent employment
– Remuneration: gross monthly salary from EUR 2,256.15 (depending on previous service)
– Planned start of employment: October 1st, 2022
– Selection procedure: Preselection by appointment committee / Hearing incl. teaching sample
– Organizational unit: Institute of Dance Arts (IDA)
We are looking for a personality with proven qualifications in contemporary dance, contemporary repertoire or own choreographic work and partnering.
The Institute of Dance Arts (IDA) represents a specific profiling of these subjects, which supports a diversity existing in this field and a differentiated and reflected craftsmanship in teaching.
– Long term experience in teaching practice (specific to contemporary dancers, in various professional fields of practice and in the university/college sector) (Teaching languages English and/or German)
– A completed domestic or equivalent foreign university education appropriate to the position or an equivalent artistic or artistic-scientific aptitude
– Performance experience as a contemporary dancer or choreographer in the international dance scene
– Access to international networks in artistic production practices
– Experience in the conception, acquisition and implementation of research projects
– High ability and willingness for teamwork and team teaching
– Regular presence at the Anton Bruckner Private University
– Prerequisite for employment is complete immunization against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved in Austria.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Competent dance technique lessons for all classes at the Institute of Dance Arts (BA and MA)
– Methodological competence and development of different teaching formats for BA and MA
– Rehearsal of repertoire and combination of dance technique and repertoire/rehearsals or own choreographic works
– Artistic research and development of corresponding research approaches
– Implementation of interdisciplinary projects
How to apply: Documents to be submitted by applicant:
– Certificates, diplomas and documents on a qualification corresponding to the application
– Documentation of previous artistic and pedagogical activities or any achievements in the field of artistic, artistic-scientific or pedagogical research
– Name and address of five references for peer review (These references should be commissioned by the Appointment Committee and are intended to offer an expert opinion on the suitability and competence of the candidate for the respective university professorship)
Costs incurred in connection with an application to the Anton Bruckner Private University can unfortunately not be reimbursed. Your application documents will be destroyed at the end of the appointment procedure.
Diversity and equality are important to the Anton Bruckner Private University in accordance with its mission statement. In the sense of the Upper Austrian government’s equality intentions, we welcome applications from people of all gender identities equally.
This job advertisement is not intended to exclude any group of people from applying and is directed at people in all their diversity, in particular at disabled persons whose impairment is compatible with the job advertised. The decisive factor for a successful application is solely the personal and professional suitability for the advertised position.
Please send your application documents by February 26th, 2022 at the latest exclusively by electronic means to our applicant portal https://jobs.bruckneruni.at.
Contact details: For specific questions, please contact the Director of the Institute for Dance Arts, Univ.Prof. Mag. Rose Breuss (E: email@example.com). For organizational or general questions please contact the Head of the Human Resources and Legal Department, Mag. Markus Grimberger (T: +43 732 701000 291, E: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information, please visit https://jobs.bruckneruni.at/Job/79