The wee dance company of Gerhart-Hauptmann-Theater Görlitz-Zittau are looking for contemporary dancers with strong technique & improv skills for our upcoming season.
Where: GHT Görlitz-Zittau, Demianiplatz 2, D-02826 Görlitz, Admission by invitation only! (very limited space available), Germany
When: July 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th 2021
Deadline for applications: June 20th 2021
Please read the following about our work to ensure you truly believe you could be satisfied working with us:
‣ The GHT is a small town theatre with small budgets. Salary begins at 2000.–€ per month pre-tax.
‣ We don’t conduct ballet training in the morning, but a daily contemporary research session: joining the company means committing yourself to this. If a ballet class is important to you, you’d be unhappy with us.
‣ Our central artistic medium is choreographed dance. We sometimes use other tools too (i.e. improv, text), but it’s important that you can enjoy working mainly with choreographed dance.
‣ You would need to enjoy the skill of consciously assigning movements to precise musical counts, at times counter intuitively. Relying on merely “feeling” the music does not suffice.
‣ In addition to input from our dancers, we require the ability to learn given choreographic material. It’s important that you approach learning material created by others as enriching & enjoyable.
‣ Work here sometimes means stress: a lot must be accomplished in little time. If stress makes you unhappy, working here will make you unhappy. It’s important that you approach stress with a positive attitude as an exciting, enriching element.
‣ In addition to dance pieces, we are obligated to participate in some opera & musical productions. We consider this work as important as dance pieces
To apply, email VIDEO LINKS to: email@example.com
Costs for participants: no fee required, accommodation and travel costs will not be covered
For further information, please visit https://www.g-h-t.de/de/Ensemble-Tanz/
For more dance AUDITIONS visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/auditions/