We are seeking applications from early career artists interested in joining The Point’s Associate Artist programme from April 2019.
Where: The Point, Eastleigh, Hampshire
When: From April 2019
Deadline for applications: 23rd January
The one-year programme aims to support the creative practice and organisational development of emerging makers/practitioners who are keen to progress to the next stage and work with us to develop their practice further.
“Being an Associate Artist at The Point has opened up possibilities
that I never imagined possible at the current stage of my career and has
given me new skills to be able to forward think and take on more
ambitious projects. The space, contacts, open door and the opportunity
to receive unique and personalised support is a precious gift! Thank
– Katie Dale-Everett, Associate Artist 2018/19
During a structured period of support, we aim to enable artists to develop artistically and identify appropriate markets for their work.
What we are looking for & benefits of being an Associate Artist at The Point
– Four artists or companies working in a performance context, which can include theatre, circus, dance, aerial dance, integrated arts and outdoor arts
-As the programme is only 12 months in duration beginning April 2019, we are looking for ambitious and hungry artists who will hit the ground running and challenge us to help them reach their aims in that time
-Talented makers with a strong vision, and a clear sense of artistic direction as well as an understanding of the sector
– You must have produced and presented at least one publicly performed work
– There are a host of benefits of being an Associate Artist at The Point ranging from one-to-one mentoring, administrative and technical support, networking and performance opportunities and access to seed funding.
To apply please submit the following by Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 12 noon:
– A brief biography (max 300 words) or relevant CV
– An artistic statement (one side of A4) to include:
An outline of key projects to date
Details of plans for a project to be undertaken during the associateship with a relevant timeline
Why you want to be an Associate Artist at The Point and how you would engage with our creative community
An example of your work, submitted by DVD or video or images online
Please submit all the information above in ONE PDF document.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Associate Artist 2019-20
or via email with Associate Artist in the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected artists will be invited to interview on Friday 1st February 2019. Artists MUST be available in person to attend the interview.
Costs for participants £0
Vicki Hargreaves, email@example.com
For further information, please visit https://www.thepointeastleigh.co.uk/news/2018/12/associate-artist-callout-201920/