The 12th International Competition of Young Dance Creators OPUS 1 – short dance piece 2021
The aim of this competition is not to push for competitiveness, but rather to foster creativity of young dance creators.
Where: Slovenian National Theatre, Celje, Slovenia
When: 25th June 2021
Deadline for applications: 12th May 2021
The aim of this competition is to promote contemporary dance and discover fresh talents. Not to push for competitiveness, but rather to foster creativity of young dance creators.
The 12th International Competition of Young Dance Creators OPUS 1 – short dance piece 2021 (Slovenian National Theatre Celje, 25th June 2021) is open to dancers born between 1997 and 2005, who can apply with:
– A solo dance piece which is both conceived and choreographed by the performing dancer
– A duet, which is both conceived and choreographed by the performing dancers – shared authorship
The jury will be composed from three renowned international dance experts.
The prizes will be awarded for:
– The Best short dance piece- dance performance and choreography (group M: EUR 300, group L: EUR 800)
– The Best idea (group M: EUR 150, group L: EUR 400)
– The Best dancer (group M: EUR 150, group L: EUR 400)
Apart from these awards, performers will also vie for the following:
– Dance studio Intakt and JSKD will select a young dance artist (only from group L), who will get a grant for producing a new dance project, which will be premiered at the OPUS 2022 and have a postproduction at the festival Platform of contemporary dance (artistic direction by Mojca Kasjak) in Maribor
– A young jury will select one short dance piece and award its performer with participation at dance classes and workshops at The International Summer Dance School in Ljubljana
– Matjaz Farič, artistic director of the International Contemporary Dance Festival Front@, will select dance pieces, which will be featured at the 16th edition of the Front@ festival, August 2021.
– price for participation on Israeli platform BRIA / CREATION platform (organized by MASH, artistic direction by Irad Avni) in Jerusalem in December 2021 (only for group L)
How to apply: The deadline for applications is 12th May 2021. The application must be submitted online until 12th May 2021, 12.00 PM CET and is only complete if it includes a link to the dance piece which shall be presented at the competition.
There is no entrance fee. A curatorship will select young dance performers on the basis of the received videos to participate in the competition. The successful dancers will receive an invitation by 17th May 2021 at the latest.
There is no entrance fee. The organiser shall not cover transport costs, but will provide accommodation for competitors.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit https://www.jskd.si/ples/prireditve_ples/opus/opus_21/english_opus_21.htm
For more dance film OPEN CALLS visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/dance-films