Stopgap Dance Company is looking for an Assistant Artistic Director (maternity cover).
Where: Farnham, Surrey, UK
When: Mid-end March, 2020
Deadline for applications: 17/02/2020
Stopgap Dance Company is looking for an Assistant Artistic Director (maternity cover) to work alongside the Artistic Director as part of the management team to instigate, develop and implement high-quality inclusive dance performance and development programmes.
Key responsibilities include:
– To provide support to the Artistic Director through rehearsal direction of touring productions, remounting repertoire as directed and taking responsibility for some choreographic commissions as allocated
– To tour with the artists when needed – nationally and internationally
– To contribute to sustaining and developing the artistic vision of the company with the Artistic Director
– To design and implement an effective and inclusive Sg2 training programme under the direction of the Artistic Director
– To support with ensuring the wellbeing of Sg2 (Stopgap’s apprentice company)
– To support the Artistic Director and Head of Talent Development to develop IRIS (Stopgap’s inclusive dance syllabus). Focusing on its content, teacher training and the quality of the IRIS dance groups both within and outside of Stopgap
– To represent the company by delivering speeches, CPDs, workshops and residencies
Deadline for applications: Monday 17 February 2020 at 10am
Interviews will take place on: Friday 21 February in Farnham, Surrey. Selected candidates will then be invited to a half-day with the company on Tuesday 25th or Thursday 27th February as a second interview
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Evening and weekend work will be required. Stopgap Dance Company operates a time off in lieu (TOIL) system
Contract: This is a full-time role on a fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave expected to last for 7 months
Stopgap Dance Company is particularly keen to receive applications from people who consider themselves to be in minority groups or be in disadvantaged circumstances, and the company will also consider providing financial assistance to travel to the interview in specific circumstances.
How to apply: Please read the job description and send your CV and a covering letter including links to your teaching or choreographic showreels, explaining why you would be suited to this role, along with the Equal Opportunities form to Lucy Bennett, Artistic Director on email@example.com.
The job description and equal opportunities form can be found on Stopgap’s website here: https://www.stopgapdance.com/about/work-for-us