Where: The Place, London, UK
When: 20 October 2018
Deadline for applications: 16 August 2018
Startin Point is a brand new festival curated by Hakeem “Mr Impact” Onibudo, which celebrates the connection between music and dance of the African Diaspora.
Choreographers, companies and collectives are invited to apply with short existing works (10-20 minutes) that can be developed further and be performed at Startin Point Festival at The Place on Saturday 20 October 2018.
Each of the three selected pieces will:
• Receive £1000 to assist in the development of the work to be presented at Startin Point Festival.
• Receive access to rehearsal space at The Place.
• Receive 2 hours of technical rehearsal.
• Perform at Startin’ Point Festival on 20 Oct 2018 at The Place Theatre.
• Have the opportunity to win the audience prize of £1000 on the night of the performance.
• Have the opportunity to be awarded the Startin Point Legacy Commission 2019.
Over three days, Startin Point Festival will showcase work that honours African heritage. It will celebrate the contribution of national and international artists to this legacy and encourage the youth to find their voice and push the boundaries of expression.
Applications are now open and are in the form of a written online form with supporting video clips. The closing date is Thursday 16 August 2018.
How to apply:
Contact details: Genevieve.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit https://www.theplace.org.uk/