The new dance ensemble at Stadttheater Gießen is looking for a male presenting/identifying dancer or physical theatre performer as a new full-time ensemble member for the upcoming season 2023/24 (Pre-rehearsals start in June 2023).
Where: dance & rehearsal studio of Stadttheater Gießen – Bahnhofstraße 9, 35390 Gießen, Germany
When: 2nd (start at 2 pm) and 3rd June 2023 (10 am – ~6 pm)
Deadline for applications: 14th May 2023
The dance ensemble of Stadttheater Gießen’s work blurs the borders between dance and physical theatre and reimagines the cross-genre potential of a dance company. The Artistic Direction is led by Constantin Hochkeppel (Artistic Director), Caroline Rohmer (Dramaturg), and Niv Melamed (Choreography). Together with guest choreographers, the company creates about 4 pieces per season. The department occasionally collaborates with other departments of the theatre (drama, young theatre, or music theatre).
Our artistic practice and team thrive from a diversity of people and opinions and aims to make space for a plurality of human experiences. We strive for a communicative, collaborative, and open ensemble culture that supports its artists’ ideas, needs, and interests. More on our work can be found here: https://stadttheater-giessen.de/de/kalender/tanz/
We are looking for:
• Professional dance/physical theatre-artists who have a solid movement and performance practice and / or an education or extensive experience in contemporary dance or physical theatre.
• Proficiency in contemporary dance techniques floor work, soft acrobatics, proficiency to explore and perform different movement qualities. Proficiency in other techniques (Classical, Modern, Urban Styles, etc.) is welcomed.
• Experience and interest in performative and acting forms of expression and an interest in using voice and text on stage.
• Autonomous and inquisitive professionals deeply interested in research, interdisciplinary collaboration and collective creation processes.
• Communicative people who are peace-seeking, generous and sensitive to the needs of other individuals and the group. Passionate about collaboration and sharing a journey with others.
We actively welcome applications from all people regardless of cultural and social background. We embrace all ages, body shapes, races, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
Employment is based on a 2 years contract beginning 1st of September 2023; A specific contract will be issued for the Pre-rehearsals this season.
The employment relationship will be subject to the collective agreement provisions of the NV-Bühne.
Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse travel expenses and accommodation.
How to apply:
To apply please fill out the following application form: https://forms.gle/2SrqUtfXe58cGj4z6
Audition (by invitation only) on 2nd & 3rd June 2023 in the studio of Tanzensemble Gießen (Bahnhofstraße 9, 35390 Gießen).
2nd June: start at 2 pm (registration and warm-up)
3rd June: 10 am – 6 pm ; personal talks afterwards possible
A detailed schedule will be sent with the invitation.
In the form you will be required to provide a CV, 2 Photos (headshot and full body), 1-2 video links of your work (no longer than 3 minutes each), and confirmation of availability to attend the audition dates.
(If an upload of your CV and photos isn’t possible for technical reasons, please send it via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Application Deadline: 14th May 2023 ; We aim to invite a small group of applicants.
All applicants will be notified by 19th May 2023.
Costs for participants: Travel & accommodation
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com.
For further information, please visit https://stadttheater-giessen.de/de/kalender/tanz/
For more dance AUDITIONS, visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/auditions/