The Place are seeking dance artists to join Shape It Lab on Wed 29 and Thu 30 Apr 2020.
This two-day lab for UK based artists focuses on questions that makers could consider when presenting dance to young audiences. The lab will involve conversations with industry experts, interactions with groups of families testing and questioning key areas of interest, and reflecting and exploring your ideas and others.
Where: London – The Place, UK
When: Wed 29 and Thu 30 Apr 2020
Deadline for applications: Sun 1 Mar 2020 at midnight
Shape It Lab will consist of:
– Two days of talks, discussions and activities for a European artist and selected ten UK based artists, focused on introducing questions that makers could consider when presenting dance to young audiences.
– Insight into creating work for preschool ages by industry experts
– Interactions with groups of families testing and questioning key areas of interest
– Reflection and exploration of ideas
– Dramaturgy practical session
– 1-2-1 feedback on your ideas
– Ticket to early years performance at Unicorn Theatre
Free for particpants.
How to apply:
For more information, including eligibility and how to apply please visit: https://www.theplace.org.uk/shape-it-lab-creating-early-years
For further information please visit https://www.theplace.org.uk/shape-it-lab-creating-early-years