The Rhode Island Women’s Choreography Project has a core mission to empower artists whose voices are not traditionally heard. The project seeks any choreographer who feels underrepresented regardless of their gender identity, as well as dancers of any gender expression.
Where: Festival Ballet Providence, Rhode Island, USA
When: May 21-22, 2022
Deadline for applications: February 13th, 2022
Choreographer and dancer applications for 2022 are now open!
RIWCP seeks to nurture and elevate choreographers whose voices are not traditionally heard. Our project serves any choreographer who feels underrepresented, regardless of their gender identity. We are also welcoming southern New England-based dancers of all gender expressions.
RIWCP seeks applications from any choreographer who feels underrepresented, regardless of their gender identity. Performance dates at Festival Ballet Providence will be May 21-22, 2022. If you are local to southern New England and would like to make use of our dancers and studio space, your rehearsal period will be May 2-20 at Festival Ballet Providence. Please note RIWCP does not cover housing at this time. If you would rather rehearse on your own with your own dancers, you may join us just for the weekend of performances May 21-22. Please note that while you will receive the $500 choreographer stipend, we will not be able to cover your studio space or dancers. Small travel stipends may be available upon request. You will have access to all filmed and photographed material.
RIWCP seeks dancers of all gender expressions. Rehearsal dates at Festival Ballet Providence will be May 2-20, 2022, with performances the weekend of May 21st. Dancers should be local to southern New England. Your rehearsal scheduling will remain flexible to allow for your other commitments, which you must outline in your application. Dancer stipends of $300 will be provided, as well as access to all filmed and photographed material.
Apply to be a Choreographer: https://www.riwomenschoreographyproject.com/choreographers
Apply to be a Dancer: https://www.riwomenschoreographyproject.com/dancers
You may apply for both categories.
Please read through the following information carefully:
1. You must have the legal right to work in the US.
2. RIWCP provides small stipends ($500/choreographer and $300/dancer) and a travel allowance for those coming to Providence, RI, from >30 miles away. We do not provide housing at this time.
3. You can apply as a local choreographer, rehearsing at our studios in Rhode Island and Massachusetts using dancers provided by RIWCP, or a remote choreographer with your own dancers and studio space.
4. All participants MUST be available in Rhode Island May 20-22 for tech rehearsals and performances and must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to perform at Festival Ballet Providence.
5. Please pay close attention to the video requirement for this application, as it asks for a sample phrase of the choreography you envision for this piece specifically. Past performance reels will not be accepted.
6. In addition to the application form below, you must email us the following at firstname.lastname@example.org:
– a resume with a current mailing address
– a headshot
– an image of you in movement
– copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card or exemption statement
Your application will not be considered complete without these materials. If you are applying both as a choreographer and a dancer, you only need to submit these materials once.
More information and an FAQ can be found on our website: https://www.riwomenschoreographyproject.com/how-it-works
Costs for participants: We will provide a small stipend of $500/choreographer and $300/dancer. Remote choreographers are responsible for their own studio space and dancers. RIWCP does not cover lodging at this time.
Contact details: Contact us through our website at https://www.riwomenschoreographyproject.com/contact or email us at email@example.com.
For further information, please visit https://www.instagram.com/riwomenschoreographyproject/
For more OPEN CALLS, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/open-calls/