RIGA / ON – a unique and young educational project created to unite and exchange the experience of people from different countries with common interests and goals in contemporary dance.
Where: Riga, Latvia
When: April 30 – May 4, 2019
Deadline for applications: 25.04.2019
The participants of the project will be able to attend master classes which
– 5 days filled with dance, creative communication, atmosphere and inspiration
– 20 master classes – a powerful stream of super-topical information on contemporary dance, matched specifically for your development
– 4 teachers – a combination of many years of experience, different views, approaches and techniques for studying contemporary dance
– Performative program from participants, teachers and organizers of the project.
MATE MESZAROS (Budapest / Hungary)
Mate worked with the most reputed choreographers in Europe:
Ohad Naharin, Wim Vandekeybus, Sharon Eyal, Amanda Miller, Roberto Galvan, Myriam Naisy, Robin Orlin.
He has been the member of Ultima Vez for 6 years and assistant of Wim Vandekeybus.
In 2010 He started to create his own works.
CHLOE BEILLEVAIRE (Lille / France)
In 2011, after studying four years at the CNSMD of Lyon, she
In 2013, she has been working with Ultima Vez/Wim Wandekeybus in Brussel, creating and performing in Spiritual Unity, Rage of staging and Speak low if you speak love.
KEREN LEVI (Amsterdam / Netherlands)
Levi is teaching dance technique, bodywork and composition in the school of new dance development (SNDO) at the Academy for Performing Arts Amsterdam (AHK).
Keren works from dance and choreography in a hybrid field in which dance, theory, performance, image, video, light, sound and music have a shared role.
KRIŠJĀNIS SANTS (Riga / Latvia)
Since the graduation of the Latvian Academy of Culture (2011) and P.A.R.T.S. (2014) Krišjānis
In 2016 his collaboration with Erik Eriksson Whirl // Verpete received Spelmanu Nakts Latvian theatre award.
IEVA GAURILČIKAITE (Riga / Latvia)
After graduation of Scottish School of Contemporary Dance she continued her studies in Israel in Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Journey. Ieva took a part of EU project Theatre Expanded organised by Latvian New Theatre Institute concentrating on artistic intervention into social organisation.
Recently, Ieva have graduated from her MA studies in scenography and together with her colleague Krišjānis Sants premiered their newest work a performative installation Infade.
Information will be useful to everyone who is interested in contemporary dance, development, the search for new forms, ideas, and solutions in contemporary dance:
– OPEN CLASS – Open course for all levels of preparation from beginner
– PRO CLASS – Course for intermediate and advanced level participants
Early Bird Prices:
– ONLY DANCE 290 euro
– DANCE AND ACCOMMODATION 380 euro
– ALL INCLUSIVE 440 euro
*Аfter 1.03.2019 the date costs will raise by 50 euro.
To register, follow the link: http://riga-on.com/en/registration