The Plus Commission will support a Sussex based dance artist who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community and wants to experiment with a new idea.
Where: Sussex, UK
When: January 2021
Deadline for applications: 23/11/2020
In line with the Equality Act 2010 and Government Guidance on Positive Action recruitment we are launching our Plus Commission which forms part of our Together Programme. The Plus Commission will support a Sussex based dance artist who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community and wants to experiment with a new idea. This commission aims to address the under-representation of those identifying as LGBTQ+ in the dance sector as demonstrated in Arts Council England’s most recent Equality and Diversity report and also champions our commitment to being part of the change.
We want you to tell us what you want to make. What is important for you to say? The only creative stipulations are:
– The work carried out must be made keeping to government guidelines on social distance restrictions & public health guidance
– The work carried out must be the start of a new idea – a new piece of work or work not previously presented
– The use of the fund can either be to plan, research and develop a new idea or to physically create a digital work. The only requirement is that the use of the fund must have an outcome that can be shared with our community in January 2021. This could be as a talk on your idea and practice, an early stage sharing of the work or documentation of your process
Who can apply:
– You must be based in Sussex
– You must identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community
– The selected dance artist will receive a payment of £300
– The outcome will form part of Sussex Dance Network’s 2021 programme and must be shared with our community by the 31st of January 2021
How to apply: Applications can be made in written form, as an audio track or video (please also complete the accessibilities form available on our website).
We’d like to hear the following information:
– Creative outline (500 words max)
– Biography (200 words max)
– Why is this project important to you? (300 words max)
– Details of two references we can contact
– A completed access requirement form
If you’re submitting a Video/audio application, please keep it under 5 minutes.
Please send your application along with your completed access requirements form and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
A closed caption video on the open call is available on our website, along with the accessibility form: https://sussexdancenetwork.co.uk/open-call-plus-commission/