After the successful past editions, OpenFLR 2018 (2nd/17th July 2018) is looking for one emerging choreographer to come to Florence and create a new piece, alongside internationally acclaimed choreographers.
Where: Florence, Italy; Pamplona, Spain
When: 2nd/ 17th July 2017, 1st/ 12th August 2017
Deadline for applications: Friday, 19th February 2018 @ 13:00 (CET)
If selected, you will deliver two half-day workshops/auditions to the participants of OpenFLR 2018. You will then select a group of them and have the opportunity of devising a new creation, working intensively with your group of professional dancers and recent graduates for two weeks. OpenFLR will then culminate in a final presentation, held in a theatre in Florence and open to the public.
Moreover, this year OpenFLR in collaboration with the Festival Danzad Danzad Malditos (Pamplona), are offering you the possibility to delve deeper into the process of the new piece. If selected, once you have shown your piece in Florence, you will be offered a residency in the Baranain Auditorium (1st/ 12th August 2018) to keep developing the piece with a new set of local performers. From 6th till 9th August 2018 you will hold an open workshop (maximum 2hrs per day). Your residency will then culminate in a final presentation of the work (11th or 12th August 2018), which will take place during the festival.
This is a brief and unique opportunity to create in an international professional environment!
What we offer:
* transportation costs to and from Florence
* accommodation in Florence
* video and photo documentation of the presentation in Florence
* photo documentation of the process in Florence
* publicity and promotion in Florence
* accommodation and breakfast in Pamplona
* video documentation of the presentation in Pamplona
* publicity and promotion in Pamplona
* mentoring in Pamplona
* promotion and contact with the network of performance spaces in Spain
How to apply
- Download and fill this Application Form.
- Save it as a .pdf
- Send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org, in an email titled NAME SURNAME Application for OpenFLR Young Talent 2018. Your Application Pack should include CV, Motivation Letter, Portfolio of Work, a brief description of the work you will devise during OpenFLR 2018 (max 500 words). Please note that the total size of your Application Pack should not exceed 10MB
Before applying, you can find out more about OpenFLR HERE.
Before applying, please make sure you are free for the entirety of both events.
The application closes on 19th February 2018 Applicants will be notified of the results via email by 5th March 2018 at 23:59 (CET).