In 2022, STUDIO2, the work and research space of ITI Germany in the centre of Berlin, will offer for the first time a residency programme for artists from the fields of dance, performing arts and performance art (also interdisciplinary) who are at the beginning of their professional career.
Where: Studio2 (located at Kunstquartier Bethanien), Berlin, Germany.
When: 17 to 30 July 2022
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2022
STUDIO2 is a 165-square-metre rehearsal and workshop space for the performing arts at Kunstquartier Bethanien in Berlin-Kreuzberg. As a space for artistic research and practice the studio offers aspiring artists an opportunity for experimentation and research through rehearsals, workshops, and presentations of their work.
STUDIO2 will offer two residencies from 2022 for individual artists or collective groups of up to five artists from the fields of dance, performing arts and performance art (also interdisciplinary) who are at the beginning of their professional career.
The two residencies, each lasting two weeks, will take place from July 17 to 30, 2022 (Summer Residency) and from October 23 to November 05, 2022 (Fall Residency) and will enable open artistic research on a self-selected theme.
The proximity of STUDIO2 to the ITI’s associated Media Library for Dance and Theatre and the Media Studio offers projects the opportunity to conduct research at the interface of artistic movement practice and the archival preservation of these processes.
A residency includes:
– Free use of the 165sqm studio and adjoining spaces within the two-week residency
– Workspace in the Media Library for Dance and Theatre and professional advice on research approaches (approx. 12,000 videos and additional materials)
– Monitoring of the work process on the social media channels of STUDIO2 and the ITI
– Access to the technical equipment available at STUDIO2
– Documentation of the public work-in-progress presentation in cooperation with the Media Studio of the ITI (and addition of the documentation to the Media Library)
– Organisational and content-related support as agreed and required
How to apply: Application for the Summer Residency:
– Artistic research concept with a clear question (e.g. reference to the question of artistic documentation processes) on max. 1 Din-A 4 page (approx. 4000 characters)
– Short CV of all applicants
Please send the application for the Summer Residency as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2022 at the latest.
Costs for participants: Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer any financial support in the form of scholarships, reimbursement of travel expenses or accommodation. It is also not possible to live in STUDIO2 or other ITI premises during the residency. However, we are happy to assist in finding accommodation.
Contact details: For further inquiries please contact Lene Gaiser at email@example.com or via phone +49 30 611 07 65-20.
For further information, please visit https://studio2.iti-germany.de/en/residency_programme
For more RESIDENCIES, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/residencies/