STEP UP is a project of professional development for recent dance graduates or equivalent early-career dance professionals, it is a partnership between the Arts Council, Dance Ireland, the Irish World Academy of Music & Dance at UL and Dance Limerick.
Where: Limerick, Ireland
When: April – September 2022
Deadline for applications: Friday 26 November
ABOUT THE OPEN CALL / STEP UP
STEP UP is a project of professional development for recent dance graduates or equivalent early-career dance professionals, it is a partnership between the Arts Council, Dance Ireland, the Irish World Academy of Music & Dance at UL and Dance Limerick. It aims to connect participants to the range of practices and practitioners that make up Ireland’s dance ecology and to the international networks of dance in which we operate. We’re looking for dancers born or resident in Ireland who graduated in 2019 or since then and who are interested in being part of a paid professional development programme. You’re also eligible if your professional dancing career has started since 2019, but you have come through other training routes that didn’t involve graduation.
CORE ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAMME
In 2022, the programme has three core elements and an optional fourth:
1. LOCAL: CREATION & PERFORMANCE OF NEW CHOREOGRAPHY with project curator Fearghus Ó Conchúir
2. INTERNATIONAL: LEARNING REPERTOIRE IRISH DANCE ARTISTS with Finola Cronin and Mufutau (Junior) Yusuf
3. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT including Career Skills and Coaching
4. NATIONAL: COMPANY PLACEMENTS (Optional) with Irish Modern Dance Theatre, United Fall and Liz Roche Dance Company
TIMEFRAME / KEY DATES
– Thursday 13 January 2022: Audition in Limerick
– Tuesday 19 April – Saturday 28 May 2022: Training/Rehearsal/Performance
– Week commencing 6 June: 3 days Online Personal Development Activities
– September 2022: 2 days Online Personal Development Activities
To apply, please send your CV and a personal statement outlining your motivation to be involved in Step Up along with a weblink to a 1-minute improvisation. Your personal statement can be written (100 words max.) or in video form (1 minute max. submitted as a weblink)
Applications should be submitted in one pdf, as an email attachment, to include cv, personal statement and weblink. Please note individual video files and documents linked to Google drive cannot be accepted.
FULL APPLICATION DETAILS: https://dancelimerick.ie/news/step-open-call-2022
Paid Opportunity for successful applicants
Contact details: email@example.com.
For further information, please visit https://dancelimerick.ie/news/step-open-call-2022
For more OPEN CALLS, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/open-calls/