Open call residency at De Figuranten Menen (BE)
Where: Menen, Belgium
When: Period between August 1st and September 30th, 2018
Deadline for applications: April 30th 2018
De Figuranten is an art-organisation located in Menen. We do research, create and present artistic work in dialogue with the most vulnerable people in society: theatre, dance, fine arts, photography, video,… Our mission is to unite (guest)artists and people with a social vulnerability in a way which is interesting for both parties and leads to high-quality artistic work.
Next, to our regular activities, we want to share our workspace and give (young) artists the opportunity to research, create and present in our studio in Menen. We are also looking forward to meeting new artists with a possible co-operation in the future in mind.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Artists who work in the field of performing arts (theatre, performance, dance,…) with a strong idea and a willingness to share their work with a (local) audience and the performers of De Figuranten.
One to four weeks between August 1st and September 30th, 2018.
• Different workspaces (a space with a wooden floor and a black box with ballet floor and tribune), both equipped with basic sound and light
• Kitchen and shower
• A possibility to stay in the building itself (or B&B paying)
• Possible coaching
• A possibility to perform at our festival ‘Winterwerk’ (December 2018) or ‘Mad World’ (May 2019)
How to apply
• An answer to the following questions:
– Which space would you like to use?
– Which period would you like to stay?
– Which technical requirements do you have?
– Would you like to stay in the building?
– Are you willing to share your work with our audience during an open rehearsal or presentation?
Submission deadline is April 30th. We will let you know mid may.
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject-line ‘residency 2018’.Contact details
For further information, please visit www.defiguranten.be