In January/February/March 2020 Tanz Company Gervasi is hosting two residencies in their big studio in Vienna for artistic research in performance and dance with a public showing at the end.
Where: Raum 33, Laxenburgerstr. 29-30, 1100 Vienna, Austria
When: Residency 1 January/February: 27 January – 15 February, 2020 Residency 2 February/March: 16 – 28 March, 2020
Deadline for applications: December 15, 2019
Two residencies in big studio in Vienna:
We are looking for dancers, performers, performance artists or artists that are planning to work with performance and movement (M/F/ all ages). Solo artists and groups both welcome.
Emerging artists or with no/or little funding will be preferred.
– Residency for movement/ choreography/ performative research/ laboratory/ improvisation (no spoken theater).
– The result of the residency should be mainly a live performance.
– Required is a public showing at the end of each residency.
– The participation is free and only upon invitation.
The residency includes:
– Studio space* including heating and basic technical equipment for daily use (day and night work possible)
– One public showing with light technician at the end of the period
– Invitation to the showing via our newsletter and Facebook.
– If needed: Small apartment with one bedroom for 1-2 people next to the studio.
The studio space:
9,50 m wide, 15 m long, 5 m high (no pillars)
Floor: fixed black dance floor
(Audience) platform for 30 max. 50 people
Mezzanine, quiet location with daylight, courtyard
Music: stereo system. (Bring your own player, laptop etc.)
Lights: Normal studio lights (theater spotlights are available for the showing)
Small Kitchen, 1 shower, 1 separate toilette, dressing area
– Extra Accommodation costs
– Travel costs
There will be more detailed information after you got accepted.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
How to apply: Application for residency (in English or German): Email to email@example.com
Deadlines Application: DECEMBER 15, 2019
– CV (short version) with a photo (head shot or group picture)
– Link to Website and contact details
– 1 minute video with proposal/improvisation of the new work (a simple self-made smartphone video is enough, preferably via weTransfer, youtube or vimeo; moving, not just posing)
– Short text proposal of the new work (300 characters)
– General artist statement or portfolio (text: max. 100 characters)
– 1-3 images of the new work CAN be applied
– The Subject of the new work is totally free but performative approach is required (no spoken theater).
– The residency is free and only for applicants with an invitation.
– Please only apply if you are available for the whole period.
– You can apply for both periods but can only be invited for one period.
Application is free. The Studio is free (see list). Travel costs and accommodation not covered.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit http://gervasi.at/willkommen/opencall/