TANZAHOi International Festival is looking for short dance films for our new 2021 Program Take Part of Another World.
Where: Online Stream & Hamburg Metropolis Kino
When: 3. – 5. September 2021
Deadline for applications: 31.03:2021
TANZAHOi International Festival is looking for short dance films for our new 2021 Program Take Part of Another World. The digital program, curated by the festival team, will be live-streamed on 3. – 5. September 2021 and will feature newly selected films as well as three live-streamed dance performances and the 5 most-voted films of the 2020 TANZAHOi Online Program.The dance films will be directly streamed on tanzahoi.org, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitch. If COVID regulations in September allow, the stream will be shown in Metropolis Kino in Hamburg to an in-person audience in addition to the digital on-lookers on the streaming platforms.
During the festival, audience members and participants will be able to vote for their favorite films of the festival. The five films with the most votes will receive a prize.
We wish to see your creativity, artistic research, and inspiration that binds the world of dance and the world of film into one. We are looking forward to learning more about your artistic work! See below for the Open Call requirements.
* The dance films will be selected to be streamed on the TANZAHOi Platform from the applicants.
* The 5 Most-voted films of the festival will receive 150 € prize money.
* All selected films will receive 150 € screening fee.
* Selected artists will be featured on tanzahoi.org and on all TANZAHOi social media platforms for the extent of the festival.
* All applicants, regardless of the selection result, will receive a 30% discount on a festival pass. The code will be sent on submission.
Announcement of the Open Call result will be made on 1. May 2021.
How to apply / register: FilmFreeway:
To be considered for selection:
* The dance film must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 30 minutes.
* The dance film must have been filmed in 2018 or later.
* The applicant must have full rights to the film and film music or have legal permission to share the film.
* The dance film must be able to be shared as a file in Full HD 1920 x 1080 (preferably via WeTransfer). The selected films are required to send the Full HD 1920 x 1080 file by 15. May.
* If there are subtitles in the film, they should be translated to English.
* The selected artists must be able to participate in a live artists’ discussion after the screening of their film on one of the three festival days (3. – 5. September 2021)
* With the submission of this application, the applicant agrees to the sharing of the film, film excerpts, still photographs, and film participant’s (cast and crew) given information on tanzahoi.org and TANZAHOi Festival’s social media platforms.
* We strongly encourage the selected artists to publish the news of the film selection and the festival program on their personal/artist platforms (website and social media), as well as sharing posts made by the TANZAHOi platform in order to promote themselves and the festival.
Application deadline is 31. March 2021 at 23:59 CET. All applications sent after the deadline cannot be considered.
Press material required with film submission:
* Press Text – long (max. 1000 characters) and short (max. 500 characters)
* Biography of the director(s) (max. 800 characters)
* Biography of the choreographer(s) (if applicable) (max. 800 characters)
* Awards / Other Screenings
* Press mentions
* Social media handles and channels (for film and film cast)
* Headshot of the director(s) and/or choreographer(s)
* Still photographs from the film / Poster
* Film credits (including photography credits)
Free for participants.
Contact details: email@example.com
For further information, please visit www.tanzahoi.org