Where: Südufer, Freiburg, Germany
When: 22nd and 23rd of September at 20:00
Deadline for applications: 3rd of August
Tanzwuchs|Freiburg # 1 will be a program composed of different breve pieces with a maximum of 12 minutes length, which ones will be connected through a curatorial and dramaturgical line. Furthermore, the pieces will be in the final stages of their creative process or will have been recently premiered. The performance will be done on the 22nd and 23rd of September at 20:00 in Südufer. At the end of the evening, the audience will be invited to take part in an open talk with the artists.
In addition, there will be an exhibition in the theater’s foyer with documentation of the different work´s process: drawings, photographies, videos, objects, etc. It will be open the days of the performances from 16:00 to 20:00 hours.
Whom do we look for?
Emerging choreographers and dancers of a high-professional quality based in the region of Baden. They should show curiosity for innovation and be open to question their work from other perspectives, establishing a dialogue with the audience and their colleagues.
What do we look for?
Contemporary dance, dance-theatre, physical theatre and instant composition pieces, with a maximum of 12 minutes length (Mandatory requirement. Pieces with a longer duration will not be considered). The focus will be on the scenic research, on the experimentation with contemporary languages and/or on the incorporation of other artistic disciplines to enrich the piece. We will accept work in progress that at the moment of the showings are on their last part of the creative process as well as pieces that have been already premiered and are looking to perform in additional venues. We search for pieces created under a low-budget and with relatively simple technical requirements.
Further information and contact: Andrea Lagos / Irene Carreño at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Finanziert von TANZPAKT Stadt-Land-Bund mit der Unterstützung von der Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien
How to apply
Applications must be sent by 23:59, Friday 3th of August.
• Breve resume of the project’s participants. (One page)
• Representative picture of the piece. (By sending this picture you declare to have its copyrights and allow the organizers of tanzwuchs|freiburg # 1 to use it for a promotional purpose)
• Premiered pieces: video film and pictures of the piece, plus, if is necessary, any other additional material that the applicant considers relevant for the evaluation of the proposal.
• Work in progress: video film and pictures of the rehearsals, plus, if it’s necessary, any other additional material that the applicant considers relevant.
• Work in progress: availability from the 10th until the 20th of September to have rehearsals in Südufer, space will be available everyday from 09.00 to 22.00 hours. The organizers will create a rehearsal´s schedule accordingly to the specific necessities of each piece.
• Premiered pieces: availability from the 17th until the 23rd of September for a maximum of three rehearsals in Südufer, space will be available every day from 09.00 from to 22.00. The organizers will create a rehearsal´s schedule accordingly to the specific necessities of each piece.
• For all the groups: full-time availability on the 21st of September from 09.00 to 22.00 hours for technical and general rehearsals.
The day of the performances, 22th and 23th of September, the stage of Südufer will be available from 16.00 to 23.00 hours.
We intend to accept as many proposals as possible. Depending on the number of applications there will be a selection based on:
Experimental focus: How relevant it is the scenic exploration for the development of the piece. Use of unconventional techniques or elements to built-up a specific scenic language.
Quality of the proposal: Clarity on the expression of the ideological and conceptual fundamentals of the piece, reflected in the line of dramaturgy. Scenic strength and precision on the technical execution.
The team be in charge of the selection as well as the program dramaturgy; therefore the diversity of the pieces’ content and participants, and the simplicity of their technical requirements will be selection criteria.
The results will be announced on Monday 13th of August.
What do we offer
• The stage of Südufer from the 10th to the 16th of September from 09:00 to 22:00 hours to schedule rehearsals of groups that participate with works in progress.
• The stage of Südufer plus a rehearsal studio from the 17th to the 21st of September from 09:00 to 22:00 hours to schedule rehearsals of groups with works in progress and premiered pieces.
• The stage of Südufer and its technical equipment for lighting and sound systems on the day of the performance: 22th and 23th of September. • Foyer of Südufer to host the exhibition with the registers of the creative process.
• The payment of a symbolic payment of 80 Euros per group.
• Video film of one of the performances: General shot.
• Professional photos from the general rehearsal.
• Promotional campaign through texts, web and social media.
Andrea Lagos / Irene Carreño at email@example.com
For further information, please visit https://shoutout.wix.com/so/