Open Call: Choreographic Laboratory with Colin Dunne
Led by Colin Dunne, the laboratory will provide up to 6 traditional dance artists with a one week intensive to explore methodologies in creative and performance practice.
When: 31 May – 4 June 2021
Deadline for applications: Monday 1 March
The laboratory aims to inspire shared conversations around where traditional dance performance currently stands in relation to the broader dance scene in Ireland.
The laboratory will be of particular interest to artists with a traditional dance background and who are approaching the making of new work through the filter of a contemporary dance practice. The laboratory will:
– Incorporate a daily practice in improvisation in both movement and sound making.
– Provide a space for sharing of ideas for new work
– Excavate processes, stumbling blocks, and new ways forward.
The overall aim is for participants to share, explore, solve problems and develop a way forward through new ideas generated at the laboratory.
This opportunity aims to:
– Stimulate the participants’ movement practice and imagination.
– Give meaningful feedback and support on the artists’ creative and compositional methods.
– Allow a space for reflection on and development of each participant’s unique artistic voice.
– Accommodation in Limerick will be provided along with a stipend of €100 toward living expenses.
How to apply: Full Open Call description and Application details available at www.dancelimerick.ie/resource/choreographic-laboratory-colin-dunne
Contact details: Email email@example.com
For further information, please visit https://dancelimerick.ie/
Find your next OPEN CALL here https://dancingopportunities.com/category/open-calls/