Where: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
When: April 4th, 9th, 11th and 13th 2019
Deadline for applications: January 28th 2019: 18:00 hours Pacific Standard Time
Space specific choreography contest that happens in Tijuana
a) Best Choreography 4x4 TJ Night 2019: One indivisible prize of $30,000.00 pesos
b) Honorable Mention for Choreography: $7,000.00 pesos
c) Best Performer: $7,000.00 pesos
During the Grand Finale, the audience will vote for:
d) Audience Favorite Award TJ Night 2019: $7,000.00 pesos
Applications will be received now until January 28th 2019: 18:00 hours Pacific Standard Time
Announcement of selected choreographies:
Selected choreographies for the semifinals will be announced on Friday, February 8th, 2019; selected participants will be assigned by random drawing to one of the venues for the semifinals; all choreographers will be notified through email and press release.
The selected participants will be assigned to one of the semifinals by random: between April 4th and April 11th 2019 in venues within the city of Tijuana. At the end of the last Semifinal, the selected works will be announced for the Grand Finale.
Gran Final 4x4 TJ Night 2019:
The Grand Final of the 4x4 TJ Night Choreography Contest will be held on the Tijuana Cultural Center International Gallery “El Cubo” on Saturday April 13th, 2019, the final will be part of the activities previous to the Tijuana´s XXI International Dance Festival “Cuerpos en Transito”, where the Presentation of each finalist work and the winners will be announced.
The jury will be composed of artists with proven experience in dance and other artistic disciplines such as theatre, literature, visual and fine arts. The jury will select the choreographers from the preliminaries that progress to the Grand Finale, which include the following prizes:
– All preliminary events will take place within the Nightlife of the city of Tijuana, therefore it is mandatory that all participants must be 18 years of age before any preliminary ensues.
– Eligible proposals, either contemporary dance or interdisciplinary scenic arts, are designed for a platform with a space area of 4 x 4 feet (1.20 x 1.20 meters) and 1 foot (30 cm) in height; Considering an audience in an arena setting (360 degrees).
– The challenge of the 4 x 4 feet stage limit will be taken into account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The proposal must be danced on the platform from start to finish; stepping off of the platform within the choreography calls for disqualification.
– The work can be a premier or previously released and adapted to the 4x4 platform.
– The minimum duration of the work to its competition is 6 minutes, and a maximum of 10 minutes.
– The work must involve a minimum of 2 performers on the platform.
– Each work must be designed to appear in public places within the nightlife of Tijuana. The choreographers must anticipate uninterrupted general ambient lighting to the scenic area of the 4 x 4 platform.
– The event organizer does not cover the costs of transportation, logistics, accommodation or food for the participants
To register and get detailed information on the call bases visit, where you can also submit an application:
For further information, please visit http://www.luxboreal.org/