Choreography + business skills. Shape your future as an independent dance maker and/or producer with this unique one year Master’s degree.
Where: Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Leeds, United Kingdom
When: Course starts September 2019
Deadline for applications: 16th of June
The MA in Dance & Creative Enterprise programme allows you to:
– Define and develop your choreographic interests and artistic voice
– Learn tools in project management, business planning, fundraising and marketing; essential for independent artists
– Test your ideas using industry-standard facilities
– Gain opportunities to realise your creative ambitions
– Join a network of dance makers, performers and professionals
This course is suitable for emerging and more established dance artists.
As well as making work, independent artists today need a good grasp of fundraising, project management and business to really stand out from the crowd.
The uniqueness of this course lies in the 50:50 balance of choreography and research with the vital business skills to establish your creative voice in the field.
To apply, complete an online application, and submit a showreel of your work. Apply by 20 May 2019 at www.nscd.ac.uk/apply-dance-creative-enterprise. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a Skype Interview.
Costs for participants: £50 application fee
For further information, please visit www.nscd.ac.uk/ma-dance