The Lilongwe Dance Program, ballet and modern dance program for students ages 3 to 18 in Lilongwe, Malawi, is seeking a Dance Program Director.
Where: Lilongwe, Malawi
When: January 2020
Deadline for applications: September 15, 2019
Founded in 2018, the Lilongwe Dance Program provides high-quality classical ballet and modern dance instruction for children and teenagers ages 3 through 18 years in Lilongwe, Malawi. The program is unique in Malawi, offering classical dance instruction open to the general public. To-date the program has nearly 100 students enrolled. Students participate in weekly classes, biannual recitals and class demonstrations, and perform in
The Dance Program Director will be responsible for overall program direction, working closely with the Program Team, which includes the Directors of Tweeties Play Centre and Madsoc Theatre and the Program Founder. In particular, the Dance Program Director will be responsible
• Teach weekly ballet classes for enrolled students;
• Teach classes in other dance styles (eg. modern, contemporary, jazz etc.) for enrolled students;
• Provide intensive coaching to train two Malawian ballet instructors;
• Organize 1-2 recitals or public performances annually;
• Organize periodic “observation classes” for parents to watch their students in
• Lead the annual Nutcracker production (choreography, costumes and sets will be provided);
• Lead fundraising efforts and program expansion in collaboration with the Program Team;
• Provide administrative support to the program;
• Other responsibilities as agreed with the Program Team.
All interested candidates must meet the following qualifications:
• Over the age of 18;
• Minimum of 6 years of classical ballet training;
• Training in other dance styles (eg. modern, contemporary, jazz, tap) is an advantage;
• Experience teaching ballet and/or other dance styles is an advantage;
• Professional or semi-professional dance performance experience is an advantage;
• Open-minded, resilient, self-starter, resourceful and creative;
• Flexible, culturally-sensitive, and willing to work and live in Lilongwe, Malawi;
• English language fluency.
Please visit our website to dowload the full job description: https://lilongwedance.wixsite.com/mysite/job-openings.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV detailing their interest in the program and qualifications, in
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by September 15, 2019.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit https://lilongwedance.wixsite.com/mysite