“Lasya” Dance Intensive is our initiative to give dancers and movement enthusiasts a consolidated, cohesive and wholesome look into the world of classical dance forms.
Where: Redanse Studios, Gurgaon, India
When: 1st – 21st September 2019
Deadline for applications: 25th August
“Lasya” Dance Intensive is our initiative to give dancers and movement enthusiasts a consolidated, cohesive and wholesome look into the world of classical dance forms. It is open to anyone – from beginners to advanced level dancers, who are interested in brushing up their skills and furthering their understanding of classical dance forms. The intensive with conclude with a studio performance by all the participants.
– 96 hours of training.
– It will be held from 1st to 21st of September 2019
– The intensive will include both theoretical and practical classes.
– The classes will begin at
– The intensive will conclude with a studio performance at the end of 21 days.
The faculty includes:
1) Komal Khushwani for Kathak: Komal Khushwani is a professionally trained Kathak dancer under the tutelage of renowned guru Late Smt. Reva Vidhyarthi ji, Rani Khanam ji and Pt. Jai Kishan Maharaj ji. She holds Sangeet Prabhakar ( with distinction) from Prayaag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad & Kathak Nipun (with distinction) from Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapeeth, Lucknow.
2) Sharad Pandya for Bharatanatyam: Dr. Guru Sharad Pandya (Bharatanatyam Exponent)
Sharad Pandya is the Director of “Purva”, Baroda, Gujarat India. He is a classical dance artist, an exponent of dance dramas, a director of classical ballets and a choreographer of high repute. His works are nationally and internationally appreciated and also critically acclaimed. He is a master in Bharatanatyam and also a Natuvanaar. He is a national
Doordarshan auditioned artist. He is the author of the
3) Govind Mahato for Chhau: Govind’s introduction to Saraikela Chhau was under Late Guru Lingraj Acharya, SNA Awardee Guru Shashadhan Acharya and Sukant Kumar Acharya. He has had his ‘Dhol’ training under Sopan Kumar Acharya, since the past 15 years, he belongs to the traditional Saraikela dance family. He has also sought training in other folk styles as Sambalpuri and Garhwali. During his number of performances within the country and abroad, he has had the privilege to work alongside many famous dancers of the country such as Guru Jai Lakshmi Eshwar, Padam Shree Ranjana Gauhar, Padam Shree Jai Ram Rao, Padam Vibhushan Smt.
– Scholarship by the Ministry of Culture for 2 consecutive years 2005-2007
– Apprentice dancer in the National Sangeet Natak Akademi
– Junior Fellowship by the Ministry of Culture in 2014-15 and 20015-16
4) Subrata Tripathy for Odissi: Subrata belongs to
To apply, send an email with your name and short background to email@example.com
Costs for participants: Rs. 8000/$116
Contact details: Redanse Studios
944, Basement, Sector 31
For further information, please visit www.redanse.in