CALL FOR ENTRIES
MASH Dance House cordially invites you to apply to the sixth Jerusalem International Choreography Competition, to take place December 6-7, 2019.
MASH is seeking original works which challenge the borders of choreography as the moving-body oriented performing discipline.
Where: Jerusalem, Israel
When: December 6-7, 2019
Deadline for applications: July 1 2019
The Jerusalem International Choreography Competition is held during Jerusalem Dance Week, which is attended by large audiences, as well as international dance professionals and festival organizers.
Maximum number of performers – 4
1st Prize: €3500
2nd Prize: €2500
3rd Prize: €1500
MASH prize: €500
Candidates must submit the completed on-line application form by July 1, 2019.
• A complete application includes payment of the registration fee.
• Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested
• Only professional artists, above 18 years of age, may participate.
• The organizers reserve the right to use all footage generated by the event, and will retain all materials submitted, including works not selected, for their historical archives. Further, the organization has the right to use any and all photographs taken during the event. Local, regional, and national television channels may film the event for promotional/informational purposes only.
• A committee will assess and select the pieces that it deems appropriate, from the videos submitted. Applications must be submitted by: July 1, 2019, at 20:00 Israel time.
Only those applicants who are selected will be contacted.
• The videos must be presented in their entirety, including lighting and costumes, or as a recording test. The choreography must be identical to that shown on the video. No substantial changes are permitted (including casting changes).
• MASH is not responsible for validity of copyright of choreography or music presented at the competition.
• In the case of foreign (not Israel-based) participants, MASH will supply basic accommodation and €100 per-diem per performer.
• Participants are responsible for obtaining entry visas to Israel, if necessary.
• A choreographer may submit only one work.
• Any situation that may arise which is not covered by these rules will be resolved by the Organizing Committee. Agreement to participate in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
Application available here: http://bit.ly/2ZNZeu1
Costs for participants: 15 Euro
For further information, please visit http://www.macholshalem.org.il/en