Williamsburg Movement and Arts Center + The Moving Beauty Series are accepting choreographic submissions the August 26th and 27th, 2016 Intimate Series concert. The Intimate Series is a dance production platform that serves as a professional incubator space for incredible choreographers. We present excellent work, provide studio support, and teach artists to engage with audiences in new ways.
Where: Brooklyn, NY, US
When: August 26th and 27th
Deadline for applications: August 17th, 2016
Each dance company selected to perform in The Intimate Series will be allowed to show up to 10 minutes of work in the converted performing space of Williamsburg Movement and Arts Center.
Solo performers will allowed to show up to 5 minutes of work. The stage space is 20 feet deep by 40 feet wide of marley covered sprung wood. The space allows for 60 seats.
Selected Dance Companies will receive:
- One performance date on either August 26th or 27th, 2016
- Promotional support, including Press Releases, Listings, and Programs
- 60 minutes of private spacing time (must be scheduled in advance)
- Video documentation
- Consultant work with our staff
- Written Audience Feedback
- A safe, comfortable, and spacious warm up space
- And a moderated talk back with Wine Reception hosted by the Directors of The Intimate Series
The Deadline to submit to the August Intimate Series is August 17th, 2016. To access the Application, click HERE.
Space is limited and submissions are selective. Please note that we read every single application in full before making a decision. Please consider putting time and effort into what you write so that we can see you for who you really are. Thank you for your time and interest. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Moving Beauty Series
347 Grand Street
Brooklyn, Brooklyn, 11211
For further information please visit: http://danceseries.org/
Photographer: Hal Pocius