Open call for international SKIN project with Daniela Schwartz and Eckhard Muller
Where: Ukraine, Dnipro
St. Voskresenskaya, 1a, FREEDOM dance school
The Workshop TOOLS will be lead by Eckhard Mueller and Daniela Schwartz.
From May 21t to 25th 2018, with a total duration of 30h.
The performances will take place on May 25th, 2018 in the frame of the PerFEST 2018
Deadline for applications: March 20th, 2018
SKIN project is designed to bring Ukrainian’s artists (dancers, musicians, video artists) and artist’s from the neighbour’s countries together to collaborate in a trans-disciplinary project inside an open framework that invites the audience to participate in an improvisational dance happening.
SKIN is designed on the basis of a proposal that is challenging both: the artists and the audience; it generates a frame for non-verbal communication, based on the existence of a common element to all the bodies: the skin, as the organ that can perceive communication in dance, through space and through touch.
SKIN invites around 20 dancers, 3 musicians and 3 video artists, selected by an open call, to work together and to welcome a public.
The collaborative nature of the project demands the full participation in the TOOLS workshop. All participating artists need to share the full working process together.
For this SKIN we make an OPEN CALL to professional contemporary dancers, musicians improvisers and video artists interested in being part of a collaborative project.
Selected artists will be invited to freely participate of the WS “TOOLS for communication and interaction with the audience in the dance” and to participate and take part of SKIN Interactive Performance.
This call is addressed to:
- Contemporary professional dancers, with experience in improvisation, some experience in Contact Improvisation, interested in the investigation of tools for a physical and direct communication with an audience and its active integration in a performance setting.
- Musicians improvisers, with experience in dance collaboration, interested in the dialogue between dancers, space/time and sound, as well as the integration of their own bodies in the performance space.The musicians are responsible for the sound composition. The musicians will need to participate in the whole process.
Video artists, interested to investigate the relationship of image/in/of/at/movement inside a performance situation. The video artists will need to participate in the whole process and be an active member of the group in space and time.
Deadline for application
- Open call deadline: March 20th, 2018
- We will select around 20 dancers, 3 musicians and 3 video artists in collaboration with Tamara Maksymenko, PerFEST 2018
- Announcement of selected artists through email: April 20t 2018
To apply, please send us your CV (max 1000 characters) and Motivation Letter (max 1500 characters including spaces). To: email@example.com; high.d
Please Use word count!
Participation in the project is free.
(PerFEST team will help find appropriate sleeping place for you)
For further information, please visit http://www.mmdt.co.ua/performa