CALL 2019 International Contemporary Dance Festival of Mexico City. FIDCDMX, 2019. Fourth edition. Choreographers, dance companies and independent or emergent dance troupes are invited to participate in our open call.
Where: Mexico City, Mexico
When: August the 1st to August the 11th 2019
Deadline for applications: November 18th, 2018
To submit your applications, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
I. Attach a full video of the dance piece you are applying with (In special cases, works in progress will be accepted). *Just Vimeo or YouTube links are accepted. Please make sure that the link is available and that you provide us with a password in case it is private
II. Attach 5 to 10 pictures of the piece
III. Attach a brief CV of the choreographer, dance company or dance troupe
IV. Attach a document (one-page max) with a description of the piece
V. In the body of the e-mail include:
· Name of the dance piece
· Name of the applicant, mobile number and e-mail of contact
· Accommodation and meals for up to 5 days will be provided.
· The FIDCDMX has limited financial resources. In case of being selected, we will encourage and support you to establish contact with your local cultural institutions and embassies to cover the transportation costs.
· The deadline for application is November 18th, 2018.
· The companies and troupes chosen will be notified if selected or not by November the 23rd 2018. In case you need notification sooner due to fundraising, please let us know in advance.
. The authors will have to adapt to the technical conditions that the venues can offer. However, the Festival staff will do its best to provide with the technical specifications of the programmed pieces. The Festival will be held from August the 1st to August the 11th, 2019, at the most important venues for performing arts in the city and other public and alternative venues.
Within only three editions, the Festival has brought more than 80 companies from 40 different countries and has had direct access to almost 30,000 people. It is an unprecedented event, the only of its kind in Mexico City.
Follow us on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/