Hybrid Space offer an experimental field for interdisciplinary exploration of digital possibilities in analog space – focus on movement, performance.
Where: Linz, Austria
When: July/August 2022
Deadline for applications: 28.02.2022
Hybrid Space is a technical resource and above all a place, an experimental field, for interdisciplinary exploration of digital possibilities in analog space with a focus on dance, movement and performance. Multiple cameras, software and hardware enable live broadcasts at a technically flawless level.
There will be 3 residencies for professional artists where usage scenarios will be developed and hybrid art making will be brought into focus.
Suggested thematic areas and issues in the artistic process:
How can hybrid space illustrate the coexistence of different perceptual realities and interact with digital as well as analog presence per se? The question focuses on a possible play with technology, visualization, abstraction.
_Queens and Kings of Repetition
How can hybrid art be exactly repeatable, especially in the field of live art, actionism, performance – what sense does the uniqueness of happenings make? The question focuses on a performative elaboration with the approach of the ephemeral, the poetics of the unstorability of experiences despite storage, the pros and cons.
_Lost in Translation / international collaborations
How can hybrid art connect places? Here, a common language is sought with international partners and implemented in an art project. A location as well as the local work can be made visible supra-regionally.
Scope of the residency:
– Duration: 2 to 4 weeks (according to agreement and scope of the concept).
– Use of the 3 studios (dance floor 50 – 180 m²)
– Use of the regular technical equipment
– Consulting on digital technology in cooperation with the Kunstuni Linz (by arrangement)
– production subsidy of 1.000,-/ week per residency
– Accommodation (by arrangement)
– Publication of project information on available online channels (social media, website, newsletter, etc.) of the RedSapata Tanzfabrik
– not included: Travel expenses, diets
– Presentation of the artistic concept
– Own artistic explorations and research questions on manifestations of hybrid art, hybrid spaces, etc.
– Information about the artists
– “Sharing is Caring”: At the end of the residency period a presentation, a performance should be made available to the public
– Planned duration of the residency (2 – 4 weeks)
Technical infrastructure/equipment: Link follows
To apply, please submit your proposal here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/RedSapataTanzfabrik/HybridSpaceResidencyCalls
Deadline for submission: February 28, 2022
For further information, please visit https://www.sonnensteinloft.at
For more RESIDENCIES, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/residencies/