The Head of Contemporary Dance will be responsible for pedagogic, creative and artistic leadership across all levels and courses in Contemporary Dance offered by the Academy; curriculum development across all aspects of the Contemporary Dance programmes and for the selection and development of repertoire for public performances and tours. He/She will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Dean in matters of scheduling, course evaluation, assessment, staff development and planning. He/She will also be required to undertake committee work and student mentoring.
Where: Hong Kong
When: To be filled the post in August 2023
Deadline for applications: 20 March 2023
The Head of Contemporary Dance is required to teach Contemporary Dance Technique and at least one of the following areas: Contemporary Dance practice/repertory, Composition, Choreography, Analysis, Dance History, Improvisation, Aesthetics & Criticism or Dance pedagogy. He/She will be committed to the continuing development of strong links with profession and dance community, engaging in professional development, keeping abreast of current trends within professional dance training or scholarship, and to undertake other duties as required by the Dean from time to time.
Applicants should hold a higher degree (preferably with a postgraduate qualification), have extensive professional experience, substantial scholarly achievement, and experience of teaching at university level. Appropriate academic leadership and management experience is also a must. The successful applicant will lead the School’s Contemporary Dance stream, and contribute to the new BFA programme and its thriving MFA in Dance programme. The appointee will be a member of the School’s Management team, and will be expected to play a strategic role in the further development of Contemporary Dance in the School in line with Academy and School priorities, especially as they relate to research in practice-based programmes.
Applicants should have:
• Advanced-level academic qualifications in dance studies (preferably with a postgraduate qualification); and a minimum of eight years’ experience in teaching in contemporary dance, including teaching at University and Master’s level.
• Substantial academic leadership and administrative/management experience in a contemporary dance or equivalent.
• Demonstrated commitment to the scholarship of learning and teaching; and to practice-based research.
• Demonstrated commitment to the integration of theory and practice, of curriculum content, and innovative teaching practices, including e-learning.
• A good understanding of contemporary dance practice, and current developments in the discipline, especially as they relate to practice-based research.
• Experience in curriculum design and writing.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Experience of/teaching in a multi-cultural context.
• Fluency in spoken and written Chinese.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be on a two-year contract with possibility of renewal. A gratuity payment equal up to 15% of basic salary earned during the contract period will be payable upon satisfactory completion of contract. Fringe benefits include leave, medical, and dental benefits. Housing subsidy will be provided to the eligible appointee. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The current standard rate of income tax in Hong Kong is 15%.
To apply, please complete an Application Form (available at www.hkapa.edu/job) and submit together with a covering letter, curriculum vitae and copies of academic qualifications, to the Human Resources Office, The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, No.1 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or email (email@example.com) on or before 20 March 2023. Please quote reference code ‘H(ConD)’ in the Application Form.
Contact details: Human Resources Office (email : firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information, please visit https://www.hkapa.edu/
For more DANCE JOBS, visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/dance-jobs/