Haven ~ Global Sanctuary For Dance
Dance Mentorship Session Two seeks dancers age 15+ to participate in empowering mentorship that entails technique, rehearsal, seminars, networking, and performance opportunities.
When: October 5-23, 2020
Deadline for applications: Until program reaches capacity.
HAVEN offers more than training. We provide MENTORSHIP that is RELEVANT to TODAY in order for dancers to CREATE their own careers.
During Session Two, mentees will experience a daily movement practice and rehearsal. Monday through Thursday will consist of Jazz and Hip-Hop with Jakevis Thomason, Contemporary with BODYTRAFFIC Founding Director Lillian Barbeito, and KRUMP with Qwenga followed by the creation of a new work. Friday sessions will include a workshop, discussion with Ligia Lewis and Brianna Mims, and a dance party! Throughout the 3 weeks, choreographer Austyn Rich will create a work on and with mentees that will culminate in a virtual performance/dance party on Friday, October 23.
– previous dance training & passion for movement
– performance experience or curiosity about sharing dance with others
– desire to adapt, create, connect, and contribute
More Information About Dance Mentorship: https://www.thehaven.dance/dancementorship
To apply, send the following materials to Skye@thehaven.dance:
– Video Statement of Interest (talk to camera about yourself and why you are interested in Dance Mentorship at HAVEN)
– Biography and/or Resume
– Links to Application Video(s)
Please upload your Video Statement of Interest and Application Videos to Dropbox, Vimeo, or Youtube, and provide links (include passwords if needed). Videos that need to be downloaded will NOT be considered.
Please include the following in your application video(s):
– 1 minute of improvisation
– 1-3 minutes of performance footage (on stage if possible)
– 1-3 minutes of class or rehearsal footage (any setting)
Send links (include passwords if needed) that connect directly to videos posted to Dropbox, Vimeo, or Youtube. Do NOT send videos that need to be downloaded.
Costs for participants: $500 for technique only / $800 for rehearsal only / $1200 for technique + rehearsal.
Full and partial scholarships available.
For further information, please visit https://www.thehaven.dance