Gummitwist is a nurturing program for choreographers hosted by Theater Felina-Areal, Mannheim. The project supports the development of 3 beginning to mid career choreographers based in the Rhein-Neckar Region, Germany. We are searching for choreographers who are looking for guidance to support the further development of their work. Gummitwist is directed by the Heidelberg choreographer Edan Gorlicki, who will serve as a mentor for the artists throughout the program. The program offers a workshop week with guest teachers, creation/experimentation period and 2 public research presentations at Theater Felina-Areal. Each choreographer selected will be offered financial support to work with dancers/performers, a modest production budget and fee.
Where: Mannheim, Germany
When: October – November 2018
Deadline for applications: June 14 2018
We are not looking for ideas of new works. We are looking for artists who are interested in improving their practice/craft. The mentoring strategies will be constructed and designed together with each selected artist based on the needs and interests of the choreographers in relation to the aims and goals of the artists, mentors and organization.
– Application deadline: June 14, 2018
– All applicants will be interviewed in person or via skype/phone: June 18 – 22, 2018 (Interviews will be constructed in the English language)
– Announcements of selected artists: July 1, 2018
– Workshop week (mandatory): October 15 – 19, 2018
– Creation/experimentation period (exact dates to be concluded with each selected choreographer):
October 22 – November 21, 2018
– Exchange week (mandatory): November 19 – 23, 2018
– Presentations (mandatory): November 27. & 28., 2018
Artists will be chosen by a pre-selected jury of professionals based on written applications, online videos of work (if any) and interviews. The program will be conducted in English but applications can be written in both English and German languages.
For more information and application form please visit: http://theater-felina-areal.
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14, 2018. Please attach to your email the filled out application form including online links to previous works (if any) and a short biography.
For any questions or inquiries please email: email@example.com