DanceWest are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and well organized Community Projects Manager to lead the delivery of large scale projects with our community. Be part of an inspiring team, committed to making positive change in West London by bringing dance to people of all ages and abilities.
Where: London, UK
When: October 2018
Deadline for applications: Friday 14 September 2018
Community Projects Manager
Salary: £23,000 pro-rata
Benefits: DanceWest offers a pension scheme
Holiday: 17 days per year
Probationary period: 1 month
Notice period: 1 month
Hours of work: 3 days per week, core office hours 10.00-18.00
Office base: DanceWest, Lyric Hammersmith, King Street W6 0QL
Responsible to: Chief Executive & Artistic Director
Key Relationships (External): Public, participants, and collaborators.
Please note: This position involves working with children and young people, therefore the appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
• Take the lead in coordinating the operational and strategic planning of projects, including youth, disability, older people, community, schools working closely with the Chief Executive and Dance teachers.
• Develop community dance projects across West London in partnership with organizations, partners, supporters and a large team of dance teachers.
• Be responsible for the overall administration, co-ordination and management of designated projects and activities.
• Be responsible for the financial management of designated projects and activities including budget setting and day to day financial administration.
• Build and manage effective working relationships with internal and external partners to successfully deliver projects.
• Manage and deliver professional development.
• Deliver accurate and timely updates on the community programmes and activities to
the Chief Executive & Artistic Director.
• Understand and implement processes and mechanisms to present creative information on the DanceWest website.
• Evaluate and report on all programme events, including providing timely information to internal and external partners and funders.
Supporting the Chief Executive & Artistic Director with fundraising, marketing and audience development aims to ensure:
• Information about projects, including potential narratives to be used with marketing and PR, is shared in a timely fashion.
• Marketing materials are gathered from external partners in order to meet internal deadlines.
• Marketing strategies for projects, including events and performances are appropriate.
• All marketing materials are relevant, of a high standard and quality, and will maximize audiences.
• All materials developed are in line with the organization’s branding guidelines.
• Fundraising opportunities and creative projects, which have the capability of
attracting funding in line with the organization’s development strategy, are regularly identified.
• Funders and donors are credited and acknowledged to a level that meets or exceeds funding requirements.
• Work with the fundraising team to create written bids in line with application requirements, to deadline.
• Support the fundraising team with reporting, donor and funder care, cultivation of events and other development activities linked to the programme.
• Work to organizational processes to deliver projects to approved income and expenditure budgets.
• Work in a flexible, cooperative way, and be prepared to take on any other administrative duties which may be reasonably required.
The Post holder must
• At all times be committed to DanceWest policies including: equality, diversity, child protection and vulnerable adult’s policy.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the workplace.
• DanceWest has a no smoking policy on its premises, projects and events.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 14 September 2018
Interviews will be conducted on at the Lyric Hammersmith on Tuesday 18 September 2018 The anticipated start date for the new role: Monday 1 October 2018
Full role description: www.dancewest.co.uk