The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts / The School of Dance is seeking to appoint a Dance Science Lab Technician. The postholder will manage and develop a newly established Dance Science Laboratory (DSL), as well as undertaking teaching and research in Dance Science and related fields.
Where: Hong Kong
When: To be filled in January 2019
Deadline for applications: 15 December 2018
He/She is expected to:
(1) Teach in Dance Science/Body Conditioning or related subjects for Dance students.
(2) Process and analyze statistical data and write reports.
(3) Work with different teams to support performing arts science research design and data collection.
(4) Provide in-house training to staff and students on the use of laboratory equipment.
(5) Undertake technical management duties including:
● Operate, maintain and upkeep all technical equipment in the Dance Science Laboratory.
● Oversee the purchasing of equipment as required for learning, teaching and research.
● Liaise with suppliers and engineers for the purchase and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
● Undertake stock-taking for laboratory equipment and upkeep consumerable supplies.
● Manage a booking system for external equipment hire or for internal borrowing by students.
● Manage Lab budget recording expenditure.
(6) Participate in and provide logistical support for student health screenings.
(7) Adhere to the health and safety testing polices and protocols.
Applicants should have:
• Master’s degree in Dance/Sports Science or other related disciplines.
• Experience in operating SPSS and statistical modelling to provide support in data processing, analysis and reporting.
• Experience in teaching body conditioning techniques appropriate in the training of performing artist.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment will be on a 2-year contract, a further appointment will depend on the availability of funding at the time. A gratuity payment equals up to 15.
In a city renowned for its international outlook and connections, the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts plays a unique and influential role in developing future generations of performing artists and practitioners in film & television and the technical arts. The Academy’s six Schools; Dance, Drama, Film and Television, Music, Theatre & Entertainment Arts, and Chinese Opera, make the Academy a vibrant centre of practice, production, teaching and practice-as-research. Its outstanding reputation is reinforced by the quality of its performers and its partnerships with other centres of excellence locally, regionally and internationally. With international residencies, visiting artists and alumni, which include some of the most respected professionals in their disciplines, the Academy is committed to the training of future world-class performers and practitioners.
The School of Dance offers full-time programmes from sub-degree Diploma to MFA level, together with its part-time Gifted Young Dancer Programme. In keeping with its conservatoire status, the School’s philosophy is centred around professional dance practice and reflects the unique cultural mix of Hong Kong, with emphasis on both Chinese and Western traditions. The principle of integration is a key defining feature of the School, with the integration of theory and practice a primary objective.
How to apply:
The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
No.1 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date for application is 15 December 2018. For further details about the Academy, please visit its website at www.hkapa.edu. Please quote the reference code ‘DTech’ on the application.