The 10th Dance Days Chania is present! Our need to defend the body comes as a priority, its role in arts, its meaning in life. As an antidote to loneliness and introversion, the adapted to the new circumstances DDC offers a shorter program full of dance, creation and research.
Where: Chania, Crete, Greece
When: 27 July – 4 August 2020
Site specific projects by new creators, performances, video dance screenings, lectures/ talks, exhibition, site specific and technique workshops.
Dance on the spotlight, by the sea, into the wind, under the sunlight. Our 10th year celebration is devoted to the intimacy, the wisdom, the quest of the bodies and the happiness they hide inside! DDC is staring at the present of contemporary dance stage and aiming to a creative and artistic future.
The International Contemporary Dance festival, Dance Days Chania, extends its events through the year and its first phase is going to take place this summer from July 27th to August 4th in Chania for its 10th consecutive year.
Certified by EFA with the EFFE Labels 2017-2018 & 2019-2020 and with the support of national and international institutions as well as embassies, DDC gradually continues its development.
The program includes:
– 3 performances
– 7 workshops
– 8 site specific projects by new creators
– 3days video dance screenings
– open lectures/ talks on topics like artistic approach and cultural being in a crisis
The 10th Dance Days Chania festival is organized by Syn-Kinisi Association of Expressive Dance with volunteer work of its members; co-organized by the Municipality of Chania – KEPPEDIC-CMA, the Region of Crete, the kind support of J.F. Costopoulos Foundation and the Flux Laboratory Athens. Other collaborators are the Ephorate of Antiquity of Chania and the Committee of Secondary School of Chania.
Looking forward to welcoming you at the 10th Dance Days Chania!
Information: http://dancedays.gr/ | https://www.facebook.com/DanceDaysChania/ | https://www.instagram.com/dancedayschania_festival/
-> Book your spot now!
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– 27.07 – 30.07 Diego de la Rosa “Seclusion”- Creation workshops with teenagers
– 27.07 Eva Georgitsopoulou “Inside Extremity” masterclass
– 28.07 – 30.07 Danae & Dionysios “Shapeshifting workshop”
– 31.07 – 01.08 Christina Sougioultzi “Dance and Acrobatics”
– 01.08 – 04.08 Judith Sanchez Ruiz “Your Own God” – A site specific laboratory
– 01.08 – 03.08 Olia Tornaritou “Martha Graham Technique”
– 02.08 – 04.08 Plotinos Eliades “Speed the Spiral”
* Discounts apply on your selections.
– 27.07 Eva Georgitsopoulou (GR) – miTerra
– 31.07 Diego de la Rosa (DE/ES) – Replica
– 04.08 ki omOs kineitai & D. Apostolakis (GR) – Drakodonti
______ > 27.07 – 02.08.2020
Site specific projects by new creators at Dance Days Chania 2020
– 27.07 Vicky Angelidou – In the darkness
– 28.07 Ermina Apostolaki – Urban songs
– 29.07 Polina Chrysafi & Christina Karpouzou – Audience in Motion_ Our Motion
– 30.07 Barbara Bardaka – Home Street Home
– 31.07 Ioulia Zacharaki – Into the Flux: Jungle
– 31.07 Elena Dalamara – Floating Urbanity
– 01.08 Stella Mastorosteriou – Map of gestures
– 02.08 Christina Zacharia, Rallou Karella, Eleni Vlachou – Mom it’s not a phase
*productions of Dance Days Chania, with the kind support of Flux laboratory Athens
Post show talks with the creators.
______ > 27.07 – 29.07.2020
Video Dance screenings | Open air municipality cinema “Kipos”. Video dance curator: Aliki Chiotaki.
______ > 27.07 – 04.08.2020
Dance photography exhibition by George Anastakis | Saint Rocco, Splantzia sqr.
How to apply / register: Send email to: email@example.com
Costs for participants: http://dancedays.gr/
For further information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/DanceDaysChania/