Most prestigious competition for young choreographers worldwide choreography38 – 38. International Choreographic Competition Hannover 2024 invites applications.
Where: Hannover, Germany
When: 7. and 8. June 2024
Deadline for applications: March 31th, 2024
We invites applications for the
38. International Choreographic Competition Hanover.
– The competition is open to choreographers and dancers with a professional education and of any artistic style. The relevant criteria for the competition are the imaginative use of space and time, the realization of the idea, and the transfer to the actors.
– The competition is limited to choreographers aged 39 years or younger.
– The performance has to be between 5 and 12 minutes long.
– Solo-ballets may not be interpreted by the choreographer her/himself.
For the first time in 2024 we will award the Main Prize of 25,000 € – “Tanja Liedtke Award Choreography Hannover”
Critic’s prize: 1,500 € and Audience prize: 1,000 €
In addition, we will give Production Awards with the following conditions:
– Fee at least € 3,000 €
– Payment of travel expenses and accommodation during rehearsals
– Development of a choreography of at least 20 minutes with preferably more than four dancers of the company
– Accompaniment and support by the director of the dance ensemble and the rehearsal leaders
The Production Awards will be chosen by the director of each company. The aim is to give an Award to the choreographer they choose and find suitable for their company. There is no guarantee that the Production Awards will be given away.
Production Award Theater Linz
– Director Roma Janus
Production Award Ballett Nürnberg
– Director Goyo Montero
Production Award Nationaltheater Mannheim
– Director Stephan Thoss
Production Award Theater Chemnitz
– Director Sabrina Sadowska
Jury of the “Tanja Liedtke Award Choreography Hannover”:
– Artistic Director Ballett Theater Basel
– Director Ballett Staatsoper Hannover
– Artistic Director Club Guy & Roni Groningen
– Director Dansens Hus Stockholm
– Director Ballett am Rhein, from season 2024/25 Director Ballett Hamburg
– Festival Director TANZtheater INTERNATIONAL, Hannover
– Artistic Director & Chief Choreographer Staatstheater Braunschweig
For more information and to register visit: www.choreography-hannover.de
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more OPEN CALLS, please visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/open-calls/