CASTING: Male & and female dancer- short “EXIT”.
Where: Antwerp & Ghent, Belgium
When: casting 26,27 December 2019. Rehearsal: 11,12, 13 February 2020
Deadline for applications: 9 December 2019
Lieven Vanhove is a Visual director supported by a wealth of experience in professional post-production for television and the silver screen.
His stories are mysterious and elusive. He is passionate about discovering new ways to create unique atmospheres and explore the unlimited technological possibilities of the medium.
His last project is ‘Nimmer’, a short film based on his own screenplay. It is a black and white mix of live-action, special effects and 3D animation. The film premiered in the summer of 2016.
Nimmer travelled abroad to multiple film festivals, and ended up on the long list of the Oscars thanks to an award at the LA Shorts Fest in 2016.
For a new short film project, he starts a collaboration with choreographer Karolien Verlinden (Tuning People).
The pre-production of ‘EXIT’ has now been started. Again, it will be a short film without dialogue in which visual effects will be mixed with live action & motion capture.
During a crowded ride with an elevator, a careful man wants to take his wife to the mystical light at the end of a long shaft. A painful and growing tumor, however, forces the woman to dark exits.
The project is dark and surreal. It has an uncomfortable atmosphere and contains shocking scenes. The screenplay is an allegory, a metaphor about the fear of having to make life choices (think of: desire for children).
A male and female dancer are currently being cast. They will play a couple together.
– Age 30-40 years
– Understanding of the theme
– No fear of small spaces
– Technically supported dancers with a good sense of theatricality
– Choreography: big emotions in small movements
– Movement: pulling – repelling, pushing – pulling, partnering, leading, following, counterweight, lifts …
– Great empathy (shooting will be done with a team in a green key studio)
– You are Belgian, or are able to send an invoice through a Belgian company
– Feel comfortable with body paint (the appearance of the characters is still developing)
– Plus point: acting or camera experience
Reimbursement (daily reimbursement per rehearsal or shooting day).
First rehearsals take place on 11, 12 and 13 February 2020. The intention is to investigate the choreography & movement language of this film these days. Once the project goes into production, new rehearsal days + recording days are added.
To apply, send:
– Motivation letter & experience
– 5 recent photos of different (negative) facial expressions + 1 full-length photo
– Video material
Respond before December 9.
A first selection is made on this basis (December 13 at the latest).
The audition takes place on Thursday 26/12 (during the day, Antwerp. Exact location will still be confirmed). On that day we will select a few people, with whom we would like to try further things on Friday 27/12.
Contact details: Email: email@example.com
For further information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/EXIT-101607274582689/?modal=admin_todo_tour