Everything and nothing, metamorphosing body and mind. A Butoh workshop with Motimaru Dance Company.
Where: Tutti Fratelli, Lange Gasthuisstraat 26, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
When: 5 – 7 April 2019
Deadline for applications: 20 March 2019
Everything and Nothing – Metamorphosing body-mind
One hundred thousand years ago, when Homo sapiens emerged on this planet, the first human art emerged in the dark cave, where eyes cannot see. What they were seeing with the eyes of the body-mind is the depth of our unconscious. Times change, but this must be a fundamental principle of human art.
Our everyday life goes by, eating, working, or dancing, within a limited cage, burying rich nature within us. educations, traditions, or even learning dance could mold various forms of cages. Free improvisation could also end up struggling in the same cage.
But when we observe forests carefully, so many varieties of forms and qualities of plants, flowers, stones, winds, and sounds astonish us.
A workshop with Motimaru Dance Company is an invitation to dive into the unknown forest of our body-mind, discovering unlimited movements and qualities within us, and transforming the personal journey into universal poems.
The content may vary in each workshop, but the main structure is divided
Whitening (Returning to a neutral body-mind)
– Yoga asana
– Standing and sinking
– Falling and re-standing
– Creation of body parts (hands, eyes, back, arms, legs)
1 Physical Level
– Different textures and qualities of body
2 Meta-physical Level
– Embodying visual images (paintings, video arts, natural elements)
– Embodying sounds
– Duo-group play
– Object play
– Relationship with music, objects, and costumes
– Coming into the space, disappearing from the space
– Composition and structured improvisation
Friday, 18h – 21h
Saturday-Sunday, 11h – 18h
1. Please mail email@example.com
2. Your place is reserved after payment of a deposit of €100 by 10 March at the latest. The remainder of €105 needs to be paid by 20 March. You can also pay the full amount of €205 in one go.
Costs for participants: €205