Ballet BC is seeking an Artistic Producer who will be responsible for advising and coordinating the development and delivery of all company programming in collaboration with the Artistic Director. This is a permanent full-time role of approximately 40 hours per week.
Where: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Deadline for applications: November 20, 2021
The Artistic Producer is a key advisory and organizational role for the Artistic Director at Ballet BC. This individual works collaboratively with the Artistic Director, Company Manager, Artistic Administrator, Director of Production, Stage Manager, rehearsal assistants, and all administrative staff to achieve the artistic and programmatic vision of the company. With strong organizational skills, creative communication and relationship-building instincts, and a deep understanding of the contemporary dance world, the Artistic Producer helps ensure the artistic team functions effectively, with agility and in
line with best industry practices.
• Supports the Artistic Director to coordinate existing and new productions for Ballet BC.
• Supervises and coordinates the creative process of new productions for Ballet BC.
• Advises on the production of new concepts and projects in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
Acts as rehearsal director during the rehearsal of repertoire and assists guest choreographers as necessary.
• Gains and maintains a solid working knowledge and understanding of the addendum that governs the relationship between the company and Ballet BC dancers.
• Assists with dancer recruitment through assessment of audition applications and shortlisting of candidates for auditions.
• Advises the Artistic Director on the development, promotion, and implementation of policies and procedures that promote the health and welfare of Ballet BC dancers and the efficient use of company resources.
• Works with Artistic Director, artistic team, and staff to help develop and coordinate outreach programs and support collaborations with other training institutions.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of national and international developments in the dance industry.
• Supports the development of new artistic alliances and partnerships for Ballet BC.
• Coordinates internal communication concerning artistic programming and rehearsal periods along with the Artistic Director.
• Key member of the artistic planning team, also consisting of Artistic Director, Company Manager, and Production Manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years’ experience and success working in a progressive, collaborative contemporary dance environment.
• High-level training and experience in classical ballet and/or contemporary dance is an asset.
• Extensive knowledge, relationships and/or lived experience in the Canadian, North American, and international dance scenes.
• Strong computer, data analytics, and written language skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem-solve independently as well as collaboratively.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and inspiring presence.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the successful candidate will be required to undertake additional duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. All members of staff are required to be professional, cooperative and flexible in line with the needs of the Company.
Ballet BC is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit the following:
• cover letter
Please submit applications and support material to: email@example.com.
For further information, please visit https://balletbc.com/company/employment/
For more DANCE JOBS, visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/dance-jobs/