Vicky Angelidou is looking for professional contemporary dancers for the performance “A day in the darkness”. This is a 3 week-long rehearsals that will lead to a durational performance (8 hours X 2 days)
Where: Tilburg, The Netherlands
When: In between 27/09 and 4/10
Deadline for applications: 23rd September 2020
Vicky Angelidou is a Choreographer based in Tilburg and currently working on an artistic research that aims to open the dance performance to visually impaired and blindfolded audience, creating an experience that will affect their perception upon disability.
The focus will be to create a performance in an one to one structure (one performer connected with one audience member), where the dancing will become “visible” through other senses than sight. The performers will be connected through strings and a musician will accompany their durational performance, creating an atmosphere in the space. The performance material will be based on the interviews and the stories being taken from people with visual impairment. In the journey towards the performance the dancers will also explore their feelings and perceptions towards this state.
WHO CAN APPLY
– Performers with visual impairment are very welcome to apply.
– Professional dancers/performers with strong physicality, high level of technique and good improvisation skills.
– The audition will happen in between 27/09 and 4/10.
– The rehearsals will happen in between 5/10 and 13/11 2020.
– The performance will happen in between 24/10 and 15/11.
– The length of the rehearsals and performance is 3 weeks.
– Place of rehearsals and performances is Tilburg, The Netherlands.
– The performance will be durational (8 hours per day), for 2 days.
– Travel, per diem and accommodation are NOT covered.
– There is a payment for the artist (1000 euro in total for rehearsals and performances).
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September 2020, including:
– Short Bio (max. 500w.)
– Video links of improvisation (with password if needed)
– Small letter of motivation, explaining why are you interested on this project (max 300w.)
After a first selection, you will be invited to the audition personally and all the info about the space and time will be sent via email.
Contact details: CONTACT
Tel: +30 6973393122
For further information, please visit vickyangelidou.com