Where: London, UK
(Exact location to be issued to those invited for an audition)
When: Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September 2019,
Deadline for applications: 10:00 (BST) on Monday 1 July 2019
Unfortunately, late applications cannot be considered.
What we are looking for:
- World-class, female professional dancers;
- primarily contemporary dancers with strong contemporary and classical technique (additional commercial and/or hip hop a bonus);
- strong voice: dancers will not need to sing, but should be confident using voice as part of the piece;
- age: 18-35 at the time of audition;
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Dates of engagement:
Some dancers will be required for rehearsals from Monday 2 March 2020, to be joined by the remaining company of dancers from Monday 13 April 2020, with the outlook to end on Sunday 4 October 2020. This is inclusive of a 6-week rehearsal period, a London run at Sadler’s Wells Theatre followed by an International tour to four other venues.
Please note that at this early stage, specific touring dates within the period above and the end date are subject to change.
All applicants must be available exclusively for this period.
How to apply
Please complete the form
You will need to provide:
- Contact details
- Updated CV (1 page only, including measurements)
- Recent headshot
- Video of you dancing submitted in the form of a YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion link. The video must not exceed 3 minutes and must be good quality. Please make sure it includes performance footage as well as rehearsal/studio footage. You must be clearly and completely visible.
- You must be available for both audition days.
- First-round auditions will happen on Saturday 28 September with call-backs on Sunday 29 September;
- you do not need to prepare anything for the audition;
- please note: without a video link where you can be clearly identified we cannot progress your application;
- strictly no admission on the day, the audition is invitation only;
- regrettably there will be no contributions made towards any travel or visas required for the audition;
- we will respond to successful and unsuccessful applications week commencing Monday 5 August 2019
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions carefully. If you have any further queries, you can email email@example.com
For further information, please visit https://www.sadlerswells.com/about-us/auditions/a-new-sadlers-wells-production-choreographed-by-akram-khan/