One additional female dancer needed to join a multidisciplinary project entitled “Die Stadt der Frauen”.
Where: Berlin and Stuttgart, Germany
When: August 29th 2018. call back August 30th 2018
Deadline for applications: August 15th 2018
For the upcoming production “Die Stadt der Frauen” (working title) we are looking to complete our artistic team – currently consisting of two dancers, a stage/costume designer, a composer, a video artist, a dramaturge/outside eye, a light designer and myself, choreographer and dancer.
We are searching for one female dancer/performer
– at least 5 years professional experience (classical and contemporary training)
– any ethnic background welcome
– clear movement language and musicality
– a variety in physical energy, presence and focus
– strong in decision making yet open to learning set material or to work with a specifically given movement task
– experience in working with costume objects and stage props
– feeling comfortable working with the voice
– working language is English and German, so fluent knowledge of both mandatory
– based in Berlin (possibility to stay in Stuttgart a plus)
– full availability for the rehearsal period and the shows is a must
– rehearsals in Berlin between September 18th and October 13th, as well as between October 22nd and 26th
– rehearsals October 29th to November 15th in Stuttgart
– try-out performance on November 9th and /or 10th in Stuttgart (to be confirmed)
– premiere and performances November 16th, 17th and 19th in Stuttgart
– possibly performances in Berlin in January 2019 (to be confirmed)
– further performances in autumn 2019 and/or spring 2020
Rehearsals and shows are paid as well as travel costs and accommodation in Stuttgart. The exact amount is subject to the outcome of funding applications that are not fully completed yet.
About the project:
“Die Stadt der Frauen” is inspired by the French medieval writer and poet Christine de Pizan who published her book “Le livre de la Cité des Dames” in 1405 that is considered to be the first feminist book in western culture. The multimedia production revives the spirit of Christine and oppose it to the current discourse about feminist issues.
It will be presented in an open stage setting where the audience walks through, so it will be a mixture between an installation and a dance performance.
“Die Stadt der Frauen” is the second part of a choreographic trilogy to be continued in 2019/2020.
How to apply
If you`re interested in this project, please send a letter of interest, resume/CV and video(s) of you rehearsing and/or performing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: August 15th, 2018
Only complete applications are being considered.
There will be a pre-selection made based on your sent material. The audition takes place on August 29th with a call back on August 30th at the Uferstudios Berlin.
Selected dancers will be notified by August 19th if they`re invited.
For further information please visit https://www.evabaumann.art/