Charlotte Spencer Projects are currently about to embark on the final creation phase of an ambitious new outdoor performance work, Is this a Waste Land? We are looking for a male performer to join our friendly and vibrant team for creation and performances in Spring and Autumn 2017.
Where: South East London, UK
When: Thursday 2nd February 1 – 5.30pm
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 25th January. Audition is by invitation only.
Is this a Waste Land? is new a head-phoned live performance for disused urban spaces which offers new ways of being together. Part interactive audio, part live performance designed for 6 performers and up to 80 audience members, Is this a Waste Land? investigates new ideas around utility of space, waste, home, belonging and community in liminal spaces. Video trailer: https://vimeo.com/
We are looking for male performers who are:
– curious about the subject matter of the work
– enjoy working with objects (found materials, sails, ropes etc) in various capacities: to create structures, to figure out how things work, to move through/with
– interested and comfortable to work outside on unusual sites with few amenities for the entire rehearsal period
– enjoy working with tasks to develop material
– enjoy being part of an artistic community of people
– curious to explore new ways of working and interacting with audiences in the experience of performance
– performers are asked to engage with the project emotionally as well as physically and mentally
This is a paid opportunity
To apply please send an email to both of the email addresses below letting us know why you would be interested in the role along with a CV by 25 January 2017. We will let everyone know whether or not they have been invited to the selection workshop by Monday 30th January.
For full details of the opportunity and to see the rehearsal schedule please follow the link: https://
DON’T MISS A THING. Subscribe to Dancing Opportunities by Email