Anouk van Dijk and Falk Richter at Münchner Kammerspiele (2020/21) are looking for dancers.
Where: Munich and Berlin
When: Audition Round 1: 12.+13.10.19 in Berlin or 18.+19.10.19 in Munich / Final Casting: 20.10.19 in Munich
Deadline for applications: 11.08.2019
This new creation brings together dancers and actors, co-created by choreographer/director Anouk van Dijk and writer/director Falk Richter. It will be their seventh collaboration and first work for Münchner Kammerspiele in 2020/21. Previous works include TRUST (Schaubühne Berlin, 2009) and Complexity of Belonging (Chunky Move, 2014).
Auditions: 12./13.10.2019 (Berlin) or 18./19.10.2019 (Munich)
Final casting: 20.10.2019 (Munich)
Application deadline: 11.08.2019
We are looking for dancers who:
• are experienced professional performers with open minds and an interest in collaborative creative processes
• have a strong contemporary dance technique, performance and improvisation skills
• have an interest in working with text and a need to express themselves physically.
• are willing to share their personal story for the production.
We strongly encourage dancers of all ages, gender identities and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Dates of engagement:
• rehearsal phase 1: approx. 25. May – 27. June 2020 (exact rehearsal schedule is still subject to change)
• rehearsal phase 2: Sept. – mid October 2020
• premiere: between 8.–15. October 2020
• performance dates in 2020/21 t.b.d. (four performances in blocks of five days)
• All rehearsals and performances will take place in Munich.
• The exact performance dates for 8. Oct – 31. Dec 2020 will be known by January 2020, and performance dates for 1. Jan 2021 – 31. July 2021 by September 2020.
How to apply: https://form.jotformeu.com/91734569846372
You will need to provide:
• Contact details
• Updated CV (1 page only)
• Recent headshot
• Video of you dancing submitted in the form of a YouTube or Vimeo link without password protection. The video must not exceed 5 minutes and must be of good quality. Please make sure it includes improvisation/rehearsal footage in the studio, as well as performance footage. You must be clearly and completely visible.
• Motivation statement
Practical information for the auditions:
• You must be available for both audition days of Round 1 (Berlin or Munich), plus the final casting day in Munich. Clearly indicate on the registration form which city you wish to attend in Round 1.
• First-round auditions will happen in Berlin on Saturday 12. October with a call-back on Sunday 13. October;
as well as in Munich on Friday 18. October, with a call-back on Saturday 19. October.
• Successful candidates of Round 1 will be invited for the Final Casting Day in Munich on Sunday 20. October.
• You will need to prepare some texts for the audition. This will be sent to invited applicants.
• Please note: without a video link where you can be clearly identified we cannot progress your application.
• Strictly no admission on the day, the audition is invitation only.
• Only applicants who are EU + Switzerland residents can be considered for the audition.
• Regrettably there will be no contributions made towards any travel or visas required for the audition.
• We will respond to successful and unsuccessful applications week commencing Tuesday 3rd September.
There is no reimbursement of travel costs.
For further information on the auditions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo (c) Andreas Pohlmann