Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance is auditioning for a new project with Sadler’s Wells in 2018. We are inviting highly skilled and experienced contemporary male and female dancers of black heritage / diverse backgrounds to be part of a new work.
Where: London, UK
When: 27 January 2018 with recalls on 28 January 2018
Deadline for Applications: 8 January 2018
We are searching for versatile, open minded dancers, with a high level of artistry, integrity and with a collaborative approach to creation.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Over 25 years old
- Trained in Contemporary, Ballet, Jazz and /or African techniques.
- Over 3 years professional/performance experience
- Physically strong
- Experience of working with voice
Please read our requirements carefully and send in all the following requested material:
- your CV;
- a short bio (3-10 sentences);
- a short letter of motivation, explaining your desire to work with Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance (3-10 sentences)
- 2 pictures of which 1 should be a portrait and the other a full body photo
- Online film links / uploaded videos of previous work
- The period of employment will include rehearsals and performances in London. It is crucial that applicants are available for all the following dates: 19 – 24 May (R&D), 27 August – 1 September, 17 – 28 September (rehearsals), 1 – 5 October (production week), 7 – 13 October (show week). Please explicitly confirm your availability for the above period.
Auditions will be invitation only subject to the requirements above.
Please send submissions to Georgia.Kersh@sadlerswells.com
Deadline is noon on 8 January 2018.
Selected candidates will be contacted personally shortly after and invited to audition in London on 27 January 2018 with recalls on 28 January 2018.
Please note that we are unable to respond to requests that do not fulfil all of the above criteria or lack any of the requested material and information. We will respond to and review only complete applications, including the video-links, only on YouTube or Vimeo (without a password, open privacy settings), not downloadable files.
The videos should be free from special effects, for example slow motion.
For more information please contact Georgia.Kersh@sadlerswells.com
For further information, please visit http://blog.sadlerswells.com/audition-new-dance-project/