Holstebro Dance Company is seeking professional dance artists to join the company for season 2024-2025. Some contracts include 2025-2026.
There are both long-term and short-term contracts available.
Where: Bispebjerg Torv 1 2400 København, Denmark
When: 10th, 11th, and 12th of February 2024
Deadline for applications: 22nd of December 2023
We are seeking professional dancers to join our team and company.
We are in search of individuals who embody passion, versatility, and possess a strong physicality, coupled with advanced technical and composition-improvisation skills. The ideal candidate will exude exceptional artistic individuality, stage presence, artistry, and theatricality.
To qualify, candidates must have completed a professional dance education and have a minimum of 1 year of professional experience. We value dedication, creativity, curiosity, courage, responsibility, empathy, and a collaborative spirit. We appreciate individuals who thrive on artistic challenges, embrace dynamic work processes, and enjoy the diverse range of production types we undertake.
Holstebro Dance Company is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, with a focus on encouraging BIPOC, queer and other minorities individuals, as well as dancers of varied experience and age to apply.
This is a paid opportunity, and contracts include a salary in accordance with Danish union regulations, along with pension benefits, holiday pay, accommodation assistance, and coverage of transportation at the beginning and end of employment periods.
Join us in creating a vibrant and inclusive dance community that values artistic excellence and diversity.
For non-European based dance artists who are invited to the audition, the company can provide financial travel assistance. More information will be included in invitations.
The first two days of the audition (10th and 11th) will take place in Copenhagen. The third day (12th) will take place in Holstebro. The company will provide travel to and from Holstebro as well accommodation in Holstebro from the 11th to the 12th of February 2024 for all dance artists attending these days.
There will be a cut of attendees after both the 10th and 11th of February 2024.
About the company
Based in Holstebro, Denmark, Holstebro Dance Company dynamically expresses contemporary thoughts and emotions through the art of dance.
Our mission is to craft compelling and inspiring choreographic experiences that resonate with today’s societal landscape. We strive to remain pertinent in our choice of themes, approaches, and practices, ensuring our artistic endeavors reflect the spirit of the times.
As the third-largest dance company in Denmark and the sole entity located outside the greater Copenhagen region, we are proud to be at the forefront of the national dance scene. Comprising predominantly of dance artists in the beginning of their professional career, but not only, our company is a vibrant force dedicated to pushing boundaries and exploring new horizons.
Holstebro Dance Company embarks on nationwide and international tours, presenting a diverse range of performances that encompass small and large productions, as well as works tailored for both youth and adult audiences. Our repertoire includes innovative new creations as well as restaged repertoire.
Since its establishment in 2013 under the leadership of Marie Brolin-Tani and David Cornelius Price, the company has experienced remarkable growth and continuous success.
Our collaborative journey with esteemed choreographers such as Dolly Sfeir, Gunilla Lind, Tim Rushton, Jason Mabana, Stephanie Thomasen, BobbiLo, Ben Wright, Alessandro Sousa Pereira, Jung in Lee, Mari Carasco, Jacob Stage, Edhem Jesenkovic, and Thomas Bentin has further enriched our artistic tapestry. Their contributions have played a pivotal role in shaping the distinct identity and trajectory of Holstebro Dance Company.
Future work will among other include collaborations by and with:
– Stephanie Thomasen, www.uppercutdanseteater.dk
– Jana Burkiewiczová, www.burkicom.com
– Sigrid Johannesen, Aarhus Theater
– David Cornelius Price, Holstebro Dance Company
– Marie Brolin-Tani, Holstebro Dance Company
See Holstebro Dance Company Documentary: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/885116035
See our latest trailers:
– “BJÖRK” by Dolly Sfeir and Gunilla Lind: https://vimeo.com/753753559
– “My Quiet Home” by David C. Price and Company: Mit Stille Hjem on Vimeo
– ”Sandman” by Jonas C. Petersen, Marie Brolin-Tani and David C. Price Holstebro Dansekompagni (vimeo.com)
– “The Danish Girl” by Tim Rushton: https://vimeo.com/633759070
– “PUNK” by Jacob Stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AppYmnenvf4
– “Moonsong” by Marie Brolin-Tani: https://vimeo.com/539711072
– “A space in the dark” by Ben Wright: https://youtu.be/T23JXO9SVoU
– “Addiction” by Jung In Lee: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GsyKzSzhCHU
– “NO SEX – a world of gender” by Jason Mabana: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jCfJGpzRU
How to apply:
To apply please send application as an email to “email@example.com“. The following elements must be included in the email as described below:
1. CV with a portrait picture (as PDF-file). This must include full name, preferred pro-nouns, age, nationality, current location of residency, education, relevant work experience, your own contact information and contact information to referees (e.g., former employers and/or teachers)
2. Direct streaming link to a video including all film materials as described below. It must be open with no password and a total maximum of 6 minutes. It must include:
i) An Introduction of yourself, stating your name and a short statement, stating why you would like to work with the company. If you prefer, your motivation statement can be sent as a text, see below.
ii) Film material of you performing choreographic sequences from the performance “My Quiet Home” followed by a short free improvisation. Music/sound can be of own choice. The total duration should be max 3 minutes. See material, task, and guidance video here:
– Introduction to phrase: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/885235743
– Full phrase in tempo: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/885234426
– Step by step guide to phrase: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/885236198
iii) Video material of your own choice. This may be improvisation and/or showreel material. This should be a max of 2 minutes.
3. Motivation statement (as PDF-file). If NOT included in your film link, please write a motivation statement in working with the company. This should be a max 400 words.
Administrator & Coordinator
Anna Marie Houe
For further information, please visit https://holstebroteater.dk/en/dance-top/dance/
For more dance AUDITIONS, visit https://dancingopportunities.com/category/auditions/